Windows 10: Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc?

Discus and support Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a specific one that that only does controllers on PCs. I built a new computer and no wireless devices would connect so I’m guessing I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/memes_in_a_cup, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc?

Is there a specific one that that only does controllers on PCs. I built a new computer and no wireless devices would connect so I’m guessing I need a Bluetooth usb.

submitted by /u/memes_in_a_cup
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/memes_in_a_cup, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Apps not detecting Xbox one controller with usb wire

To further isolate your concern, we recommend the following steps below:

• Test the controller on a different device.
    • Connect a different controller on your computer.
    • Use a different USB cable.
    • Connect the controller using a Bluetooth connection if your computer is Bluetooth capable. You can view the steps on this

link

Let us know the results.

Loraine Mon, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc?

Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc?

1. Can a Bluetooth usb be used for controllers on a pc? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth usb used

2. I am using xbox controller can te pc usb voltage damage it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using xbox controller can te pc usb voltage damage it?: The controller begins working well. After 3weeks or so of use begins to sporadically disconnect. I can remove device and reconnect and I works again temporarily. The frequency of disconnecting increases over time and I must buy a new one again....
  3. I am using xbox controller can te pc usb voltage damage it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using xbox controller can te pc usb voltage damage it?: The controller begins working well. After 3weeks or so of use begins to sporadically disconnect. I can remove device and reconnect and I works again temporarily. The frequency of disconnecting increases over time and I must buy a new one again....
  4. Can not connect xbox controller to pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect xbox controller to pc via bluetooth: I am trying to connect my Xbox one controller to my pc and have done so successfully previously however now attempting it I am having issues. Originally the issue was that I couldn't remove the controller from my Bluetooth devices as attempting so would result in a failed to...
  5. Can not connect xbox controller to pc via bluetooth

Can not connect xbox controller to pc via bluetooth: I am trying to connect my Xbox one controller to my pc and have done so successfully previously however now attempting it I am having issues. Originally the issue was that I couldn't remove the controller from my Bluetooth devices as attempting so would result in a failed to...
  6. Can not connect xbox controller to pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Xbox one controller can be connected via bluetooth but not usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox one controller can be connected via bluetooth but not usb: I have a Xbox one controller the 20 years edition that I can connect mostly without problems via bluetooth to my PC. However I'd like to configure it using the xbox accessories app but I have to do it using a USB cable and my controller is not recognised this way, it's not...
  8. My Xbox one controller can be connected via bluetooth but not usb

My Xbox one controller can be connected via bluetooth but not usb: I have a Xbox one controller the 20 years edition that I can connect mostly without problems via bluetooth to my PC. However I'd like to configure it using the xbox accessories app but I have to do it using a USB cable and my controller is not recognised this way, it's not...
  9. My Xbox one controller can be connected via bluetooth but not usb

10. Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues: Hello, I am unable to use Bluetooth on my pc tower and when I try to update the driver I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your Bluetooth USB Host Controller". Going into the properties of the Bluetooth USB Host Controller the device status reads: "The...