Windows 10: Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder?

Discus and support Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, there are programs that cannot be uninstalled under (Windows Setting > Apps) because the program does not appear under the apps or does not say... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kurtzio, Jun 14, 2020.

1. kurtzio Win User

Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder?

Hello, there are programs that cannot be uninstalled under (Windows Setting > Apps) because the program does not appear under the apps or does not say "uninstall". I know, there are plenty of uninstallers.

Instead, I had the program shredded. Uninstallation > traceless vd. hard disk. Shredder too. So is the program uninstalled? Same effect as Shredder?

:)

kurtzio, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Techie813 Win User

Solved! Shredder Error 1706

After two days of searching and trying to resolved the problem of Windows Installer trying to install Shredder and saying shredder.msi is missing - Error 1706, I found the solution:

Go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...lock-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Download and install "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter"

Run the program and indicate you are having problems INSTALLING a program. A list of programs will come up, including "Shredder". You may even have 2 copies of Shredder (I did).

In each case, the program will give you the option of uninstalling Shredder. I did so in both cases and the problem is completely resolved.

Techie813, Jun 14, 2020
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder?

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder?

1. Can a (computer) program also be uninstalled via Shredder? - Similar Threads - computer program uninstalled

2. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  3. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  4. Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs": I'm trying to go through my Windows 10 PC and clean out old programs that I no longer use, but there are a few programs such as this video game that I cannot uninstall via Windows' "Add or Remove Programs" menu. When selecting "Uninstall", I'm given an error message such as...
  5. Can´t uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can´t uninstall a program: I would like to uninstall a program that I downloaded at the time. However, it only shows that the program I want to delete is on a CD-Rom or on a not removable disk. Does anyone know how to delete the program without the CD? Thank you submitted by /u/playgame1324 [link]...
  6. File shredder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File shredder: Hi, after the last Windows 10 update a folder called 'File Shredder' appeared on my PC's desktop., but it doesn't do anything when clicked and when you try to view it's properties it says 'The properties for this item are not available'. I can find no application called 'File...
  7. can I restore a program that was uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I restore a program that was uninstalled?: Is there a way to recover an uninstalled program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-restore-a-program-that-was-uninstalled/c6735bba-da56-467d-b2c2-68f079d1d604
  8. Program installed via Windows store cannot be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program installed via Windows store cannot be uninstalled: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine. iTunes was installed via the Microsoft Store. Updates to iTunes are failing. I downloaded the updated iTunes. When I try to install it, it says to uninstall the existing version first. When I go into Add/Remove programs, I do not see it....
  9. Can I uninstall these HP programs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I uninstall these HP programs?: So today I got a brand new HP gaming laptop, and, as expected, there is plenty of HP programs that have been installed by the manufacturer. There are a lot, and the notifications and pop-ups annoy me. Here is my question - can I uninstall these programs and will my computer...
  10. Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features: Hi all, To start we have three separate installation packages (Windows Installer .msi's) we create. They basically work fine with no needed modifications to work in the Windows 10 World. Once on the system, we are able to remove 2 of the three from System-Apps &...