Windows 10: Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

Discus and support Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can resetting my computer, roll back all the updates that have been done on it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardLee7, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

Can resetting my computer, roll back all the updates that have been done on it?

:)

RichardLee7, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Weboh Win User

Update broke computer, unable to roll back

Okay, thanks. I was able to get into the section to roll back the update. It let me uninstall the last "quality" update, but I still had the same issue. It won't let me roll back the feature update, which I guess is what caused the problem. It doesn't give me an error code or anything; it just tells me to reset the computer instead.

I don't want to reset the computer and lose my data. Besides, since it was working fine before the update, I know the update caused the issue and whole reset of everything else seems excessive. Is there another way to remove the feature update? Thanks.

Weboh, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

1. Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back? - Similar Threads - computer reset cause

2. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. computer roll back

computer roll back: How do I roll back my computer to an earlier date. I have windows 10. But seem to have lost some of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-roll-back/8e89f3be-4fe7-4444-b5ac-54543c92e575
  6. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  7. Update Won't Roll Back

Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  8. Update broke computer, unable to roll back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update broke computer, unable to roll back: Today, I updated my computer. The update made me unable to login. I know how I am supposed to be able to roll back the update: Boot into recovery mode, then select uninstall update. However, it asks for my Microsoft Account password to do that. When I provide the password,...
  9. can I roll back to previous windows after reset?

can I roll back to previous windows after reset?: I recently reset my pc, but I realized lost important information in an app. and the problem I was facing before I reset the pc was fix but I faced new problems right after. Is it possible to roll back the the previous windows I was using I did the reset? just like rolling...
  10. Cannot update computer - rolls back update on reboot - corrupt update resgistry

Cannot update computer - rolls back update on reboot - corrupt update resgistry: I recently purchased a reconditioned ASUStek laptop. I cannot get updates. I cleaned out Mcfee virus because wanted to install other anti virus. Now says update registry corrupt when try to go through each device to update. If I do package updates through Microsoft...