Windows 10: Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

Discus and support Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,This week, we've had reports from some users not all that the time zone on their corporate computers have automatically changed to US Pacific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shuli Fang, May 29, 2024.

1. Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

Hi all,This week, we've had reports from some users not all that the time zone on their corporate computers have automatically changed to US Pacific time zone. This is strange as our office is located in Sydney Australia.We have not been able to determine the cause of the sudden change. All the affected computers are Intune Autopiloted and have Location Services turned ON.We did have a user come back from the US this week. The user's corporate computer had automatically changed from AU East time zone to US Pacific time zone when they travelled to the US back it didn't automatically change ba

:)

Shuli Fang, May 29, 2024

2. my computer periodically resets its time to a the wrong time zone, always the same

Hi Richard,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's time zone settings can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect time and time zone settings, corrupted system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 29, 2024
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2024
  4. Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

1. Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on... - Similar Threads - computer incorrect Zone

2. Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...: Hi all,This week, we've had reports from some users not all that the time zone on their corporate computers have automatically changed to US Pacific time zone. This is strange as our office is located in Sydney Australia.We have not been able to determine the cause of the...
  3. Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a computer with incorrect Time Zone settings joining a network cause other computers on...: Hi all,This week, we've had reports from some users not all that the time zone on their corporate computers have automatically changed to US Pacific time zone. This is strange as our office is located in Sydney Australia.We have not been able to determine the cause of the...
  4. incorrect time zone for bulgaria

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect time zone for bulgaria: After restart today time zone for Bulgaria was changed to Jacarta JMT +7 and this continue after switching of /on set time zone automaticallyPlease fix itPS I try to start chat with support but it also does not work...
  5. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  6. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  7. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

8. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch (Netherlands)". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US...
  9. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch Netherlands". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US &...
  10. Incorrect time zone on domain computers

Incorrect time zone on domain computers: I have a customized Windows 10 image and associated answer file loaded into my Server 2012 R2 WDS. In the past my clients got set to our correct time zone "Mountain Standard Time", exactly how it is in my answer file. I remember spot checking a few deployed PC's about two...