Windows 10: Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent.

Discus and support Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! This isn't a question where I have a problem, I'm just asking out of curiosity. If a CPU has one or two pins bent can be wherever can it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaloyan056, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent.

Hello! This isn't a question where I have a problem, I'm just asking out of curiosity. If a CPU has one or two pins bent can be wherever can it still work? By still "work" I mean can the machine still power on and display something?

:)

Kaloyan056, Mar 30, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Bent pins on cpu -facepalm-

Ah, so when the CPU came out with the heatsink half the processor stuck in the socket causing many pins to be bent slightly.

erocker, Mar 30, 2021
  3. tastegw Win User
    Bent pins on cpu -facepalm-

post a pic of this if you can. some of my pins were almost bent 90°, it can be fixed.

tastegw, Mar 30, 2021
  4. stefanels Win User

Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent.

bent cpu socket 1150 pin Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent. :(

Hello all... I recently got a cheap mobo and i have on the cpu socket a bent pin... Can someone tell me what is the role of the bent pin? The Mb is as ASRock Z87 Extreme6... Thanks

Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent. img-20160119-2.jpg

stefanels, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent.

1. Can a cpu still work if one or two pins are bent. - Similar Threads - cpu still pins

2. PC always restarts after CPU pins bent

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC always restarts after CPU pins bent: Hello,whenever I shut down my PC, it restarts immediately. The PC shuts down until I get the sign "No Signal" on my screen. After that, it always reboots automatically and instantaneously. The PC works normal and all the latest Updates are installed. Logs seem to hold no...
  3. PC always restarts after CPU pins bent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always restarts after CPU pins bent: Hello,whenever I shut down my PC, it restarts immediately. The PC shuts down until I get the sign "No Signal" on my screen. After that, it always reboots automatically and instantaneously. The PC works normal and all the latest Updates are installed. Logs seem to hold no...
  4. PC always restarts after CPU pins bent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network of two computers works on one only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network of two computers works on one only: I have two desktop computers both running Win10 most current connected by two cables to one Xfinity Modem/Router. Some time ago, I set up a Network on both machines. When I open File Explorer on machine "A", I see both "A" and "B" computers and can access any file on both....
  6. PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?: So I want to change my PIN, and when I tried to in settings, it said that the windows hello PIN was not available in this device. There is no mention of another pin throughout settings yet it still works to sign in. I tries to on the lock screen and said I forgot it, to try...
  7. two monitors can you use one for regular pc work and one for security cameras.

in Windows 10 Customization
    two monitors can you use one for regular pc work and one for security cameras.: If I were to hook up a second monitor could I work on one and show security cameras on the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors-can-you-use-one-for-regular-pc-work/d5609bf3-78a4-45db-84e9-dce227463882
  8. graphics card still working ALWAYS for two displays EVEN one display s

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics card still working ALWAYS for two displays EVEN one display s: I have NVIDIA EVGA GRX 650 TI and ASUS GRX 1050 TI in each of my two of my PCs For Monitor I have two monitors: one 4K 27" LG [HDMI/DP] and one monitor LG M2350D FHD connected to HDMI KVM Switch Configured as the two PCs in each PC can have two monitors usage - dual monitor...
  9. Mic isn’t working on one of two accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic isn’t working on one of two accounts: I created two accounts on my PC, both administrators. I have a problem with mic since it works perfectly on one of these two accounts but it can’t hear anything on another one. I tried to reinstall the drivers but it doesn’t work because they are good for one account....
  10. One one of two displays works -- hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One one of two displays works -- hardware issue: Got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on my Win10TP install so I "cleaned" the drive and reinstalled using build 9879. First thing I noticed is that, unlike previously, only one of my two displays worked! I check the Device Manager and the default Microsoft Basic Display driver...