Windows 10: Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

Discus and support Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD?

On Win 10 Home my Dell desktop has an internal 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB standard HDD (D drive). Wondering if it is possible to somehow create a desktop for the 1 TB drive as documents, photos, videos and other storage hogs will be on it.

Dell tech support (if I was able to understand the support agent) said it could only be created on the drive containing the OS.
    Wondering if that is correct?

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Jan 24, 2020
  3. My second hdd doesnt show up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting. Thenclick on
      View All on the left panel of the screen.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next andfollow the instructions.
    • If the issues still persist, refer to the below methods.

If the issue persists follow the suggestions provide by the
    Anil Madishetty
    from the below link..

second HDD not detected in windows 10

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 24, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Create installation media using small partition on HDD?

If you watch the video from post #5 to create a Macrium Rescue disk. It would be the same procedure to create the Windows Installation disk.
    1. Download Windows Installation ISO: Windows 10 and put on desktop for easy access.
    2. Create a partition on an internal/external drive around 5GB, format as FAT32.
      NOTE: Set the partition Active if the disk used is an MBR disk. No need not to do anything if is a GPT disk .
    3. Use: WinRar/WinZip/7-Zip to extract the ISO file to the root of the partition created in step 2.
    4. Set the BIOS as first boot priority then boot.

topgundcp, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Can a Desktop be created on a second internal HDD? - Similar Threads - Desktop created second

2. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  3. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  4. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10: I had to re-install Windows 10 on one of my PCs, but now the 2nd internal drive isn't showing in the drive list in "This PC", nor is Windows recognizing the drive in Device Manager or Disk Management...BUT... it still shows in BIOS, and when I remove the drive and install it...
  5. Second internal HDD not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  7. Internal HDD disappearing

Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  8. Issue with files on Second internal HDD. Could be permission related?

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with files on Second internal HDD. Could be permission related?: Hi I heard of there being an issue with permissions in a recent update of windows 10 I currently have 1909 and I have been having this strange issue on my internal HDD that I use for downloads and games. Some videos will not open with certain video applications such as...
  9. Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reinstalling windows delete files on a second internal HDD?: After experiencing several issues, I decided to finally bite the bullet and do a complete fresh install of my windows 10 PRO. My question is, if I am doing this complete fresh install (by deleting all my files and basically starting from scratch) will it delete any files...
  10. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...