Windows 10: Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...

Discus and support Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm getting a new computer soon. Laptop to desktop. I'm wondering if I can transfer my old digital license from my laptop to my desktop. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by no_001, Jan 22, 2021.

1. no_001 Win User

Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...

I'm getting a new computer soon. Laptop to desktop. I'm wondering if I can transfer my old digital license from my laptop to my desktop. Is it possible, and if it is how would I do it?

:)

no_001, Jan 22, 2021

2. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...

Windows 10 Transfer of digital license

Hello, I have purchased a new laptop and I am planning to transfer my digital license into it from my old laptop.

Is that possible?

My old laptop has a digital license acquired from Windows 10 free upgrade during the promotion period.

It has an original Windows 8.1 license key before I upgraded it into windows 10.

Is transfer of digital license is possible.?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

AllanBautista, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to...

1. Can a digital license from a laptop specifically HP be capable of transferring a license to... - Similar Threads - digital license laptop

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  4. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  5. transfer digital license

transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  6. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  7. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  8. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

9. Digital License transfer

Digital License transfer: I just got a new laptop, and on my old one, I have a retail copy of windows 10 home single language with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. How do I transfer that digital license to my new laptop? Do I just have to log in to my microsoft account on the new...
  10. Transferring a digital license

Transferring a digital license: I had an old laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This old laptop does not boot up or work anymore. I have a new laptop now that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to transfer the...