Windows 10: Can a dual Win 7 & Win 10 sys drive avoid conflicts with data drives?

Discus and support Can a dual Win 7 & Win 10 sys drive avoid conflicts with data drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please advise. I run a Windows 7 SSD system drive and several mechanical data drives. If I install Windows 10 on a new partition of my SSD can both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whiznot, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Whiznot Win User

Can a dual Win 7 & Win 10 sys drive avoid conflicts with data drives?

Please advise. I run a Windows 7 SSD system drive and several mechanical data drives. If I install Windows 10 on a new partition of my SSD can both operating systems read and write to my data drives without conflict?

:)

Whiznot, Jul 7, 2019
  2. wh15 Win User

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system.

win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive e. There is also a separate ide data disk f.

Will I be able to upgrade the upgraded win 7 to win 10 using a win 10 upgrade - and should I disconnect the win xp ide drive e while I am doing it?

Many thanks.

wh15, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Dual Boot Win 7/Win 10 from Separate Disk Drives

Recently, I installed a 250GB solid state drive (SSD) on my desktop computer. I run Windows 7 HPE on that system. I have registered that machine for Windows 10 free distribution and expect to receive it sometime over the next few weeks. I don't think
    that the SSD has enough free space to install Win 10 alongside Win 7, and I want to continue to use Win 7 for a while until I become more familiar with Win 10. I'd also like to avoid the pain sometimes found by being an early adopter. So, my question is:
    Can Windows 10 be installed on a hard drive separate from Win 7 and achieve a dual boot system? If so, could someone point me to an article or wiki that will tell me how to set up a dual boot machine with the OS's on different disk drives?

TIA

rh

RHHutchins, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Proph3t Win User

Install win 7 on a data drive?

I just had my OS hdd crash and die last night leaving me with my only other and last hdd a 1terrabyte hdd full of stuff. There is 25 gig of free space. Can I put a partition in the free space with the win 7 disk and install win 7 on this hdd that never had an OS on it before w/out losing all of my other data. I am pretty sure the answer is no and I will have to go out and buy a new hdd but I had to ask. I have no other drives to back up my data to. *Frown Can a dual Win 7 & Win 10 sys drive avoid conflicts with data drives? :(

Proph3t, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Can a dual Win 7 & Win 10 sys drive avoid conflicts with data drives? - Similar Threads - dual sys drive

2. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  3. seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10: Thanks in advance for any thoughts, I have a dualboot win 7/10 machine, each system is on it's own ssd, programs are in 2 different folders on a 3rd ssd,all is working fine except: when i'm in 7 I can see the 10 drive which is labeled "E" but i cannot see 7 which is labeled...
  4. Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10: Hi. I have just handed back my work laptop (Win7) and cannot read the USB drive on my home laptop (Win10). I have tried Device Manager and Disk Management approaches. The latter states that my drive has not been initialised. (Which cannot be correct, as I have written...
  5. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...
  6. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  8. Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10: I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win 7. The C drive SSD is also 500gb Samsung but only 152gb left on that drive. Any Comments / potential problems I may have. I...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...