Windows 10: Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?

Discus and support Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just received a new laptop and went through the setup process. It seemed to take my organization email address and password without issue. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nelson Powell, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?

I just received a new laptop and went through the setup process. It seemed to take my organization email address and password without issue. However, after the setup finished, I cannot login to the new laptop. The login screen reports the password is invalid.

:)

Nelson Powell, Dec 3, 2023

2. Cannot use GoDaddy created account for Win 11 sign in

I am setting up a PC with an Admin account and a user account. The Admin account had a Microsoft account (login.microsoft.com) account created on login.microsoft.com before GoDaddy switched to O365 for e-mail so it works fine. I am trying to add a second sign in to the win 11 PC using: Setting / Accounts / Other Users / Add other user. When I enter the e-mail that GoDaddy created the response is:

How will this person sign in?

Enter the e-mail address or phone number of the person you want to add. If they use Windows, Office, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, or Xbox, enter the email or phone number they use to sign in.

Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one.

I can login to login.microsoft.com with the same e-mail and password without an issue. I contacted GoDaddy and they said it was a Microsoft issue.

OS is Win 11 Pro.

The main goal is to have the Admin account as administrator and the user account as a standard user. This has been an issue since GoDaddy switch to O365 for e-mail. As a work around I create a local account, but that causes other issues and would prefer that GoDaddy created e-mails are allowed to be used for Windows signin.

Kathy Rouzier, Dec 3, 2023
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?

Login to Windows 10 with GoDaddy hosted Office365 Account

Yes, that is what you should do.

See steps how to setup a new computer:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/setup-configur...

The add your GoDaddy Office account using the steps in my previous reply.

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?

1. Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install? - Similar Threads - godaddy account used

2. Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a godaddy account be used as the primary user on a new windows 11 install?: I just received a new laptop and went through the setup process. It seemed to take my organization email address and password without issue. However, after the setup finished, I cannot login to the new laptop. The login screen reports the password is invalid....
  3. Cannot use GoDaddy created account for Win 11 sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use GoDaddy created account for Win 11 sign in: I am setting up a PC with an Admin account and a user account. The Admin account had a Microsoft account login.microsoft.com account created on login.microsoft.com before GoDaddy switched to O365 for e-mail so it works fine. I am trying to add a second sign in to the win 11...
  4. Cannot use GoDaddy created account for Win 11 sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use GoDaddy created account for Win 11 sign in: I am setting up a PC with an Admin account and a user account. The Admin account had a Microsoft account login.microsoft.com account created on login.microsoft.com before GoDaddy switched to O365 for e-mail so it works fine. I am trying to add a second sign in to the win 11...
  5. Windows 11 does not appear to recognize my Godaddy office account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not appear to recognize my Godaddy office account: I am setting up a backup scheduler application that requires the windows password. My Microsoft 365 account is via Godaddy. when I enter my Godaddy MS 365 password, it is not recognized.When I tried selecting my password to login, it takes me to my office account with...
  6. Windows 11 does not appear to recognize my Godaddy office account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not appear to recognize my Godaddy office account: I am setting up a backup scheduler application that requires the windows password. My Microsoft 365 account is via Godaddy. when I enter my Godaddy MS 365 password, it is not recognized.When I tried selecting my password to login, it takes me to my office account with...
  7. Windows 11 does not appear to recognize my Godaddy office account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 sign in using Office365 Godaddy account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 sign in using Office365 Godaddy account: Hello, I have a new laptop Windows 10 PRO. I have Business Premium Godaddy office365 subscription from GoDaddy. I want to use Office365 email address to login to a laptop. I went through the steps how to add an account from AzureAD. It worked. I clicked on...
  9. Primary User Account - Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary User Account - Name: I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?...
  10. Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account: After creating a second administrater user account with an existing MS account, the new desktop starts with Dock display of short cuts including Edge, Trash etc. Could find no refference to this display. After I sign off from the new account, I signed in to my original...