Windows 10: Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

Discus and support Can a GPU run on 2 OS? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; If I have a graphics card installed in my laptop and 2 operating system, would it run on both? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by EMINEMSNOOPDOGG, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

If I have a graphics card installed in my laptop and 2 operating system, would it run on both?

EMINEMSNOOPDOGG, Jul 6, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Jul 6, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can a GPU run on 2 OS? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

Can I run Battlefield 2 on my parents computer?

If I am going to buy something, I want my game to run medium to well as far as game speed and res. I am open to any suggestions and advice on how to match up my new GPU with my old dell dimesions 8400 setup previously listed as the setup at my rents house. I want enough power to run BF2 online well to avoid lag problems. Also does anyone suggest new memory for my BF2 applications?

floridajerseyguy, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

1. Can a GPU run on 2 OS? - Similar Threads - GPU run

2. GPU High Priority Compute spikes to 100% and makes my system run at 5fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU High Priority Compute spikes to 100% and makes my system run at 5fps: Summary: When alt-tabbing or while using software such as Unreal Engine, High Priority Compute spikes to 100, and my computer goes down to around 5 fps. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm unsure where else I can ask. I'm unsure if this is software or...
  3. GPU High Priority Compute spikes to 100% and makes my system run at 5fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU High Priority Compute spikes to 100% and makes my system run at 5fps: Summary: When alt-tabbing or while using software such as Unreal Engine, High Priority Compute spikes to 100, and my computer goes down to around 5 fps. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm unsure where else I can ask. I'm unsure if this is software or...
  4. GPU High Priority Compute spikes to 100% and makes my system run at 5fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...: Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Kernel memory dumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8026111C340, 0x0Bugcheck name:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONDriver or module in which error occurred:0xfffff802`5d7e0003Bug check description:The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  6. Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...

Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...: Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Kernel memory dumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8026111C340, 0x0Bugcheck name:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONDriver or module in which error occurred:0xfffff802`5d7e0003Bug check description:The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  7. GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.: Specs at the bottomEdit: My PC is about 40 days old, this problem has been occurring for the past 30.My GPU turns off randomly while gaming or simply browsingmostly while gaming, while the rest of the PC keeps on running. The monitor shows 'No signal'. The power button also...
  8. GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.

GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.: Specs at the bottomEdit: My PC is about 40 days old, this problem has been occurring for the past 30.My GPU turns off randomly while gaming or simply browsingmostly while gaming, while the rest of the PC keeps on running. The monitor shows 'No signal'. The power button also...
  9. Having error D3D11-compatible GPU feature 11.0, shader model 5.0 required to run engine....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having error D3D11-compatible GPU feature 11.0, shader model 5.0 required to run engine....: Fortnite wont run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-error-d3d11-compatible-gpu-feature-110/7b3c2eb6-fc2e-4ccd-9663-5768345fa5ef
  10. Having error D3D11-compatible GPU feature 11.0, shader model 5.0 required to run engine....

Having error D3D11-compatible GPU feature 11.0, shader model 5.0 required to run engine....: Fortnite wont run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-error-d3d11-compatible-gpu-feature-110/7b3c2eb6-fc2e-4ccd-9663-5768345fa5ef

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I run OS directly on GPU