Windows 10: can a laptop be restored after a hack?

Discus and support can a laptop be restored after a hack? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have been hacked and now all of my files are gone and my laptop has no way to function, i have tried to restore it but it didn't work.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by markeetaburns, Jul 11, 2021.

1. can a laptop be restored after a hack?

i have been hacked and now all of my files are gone and my laptop has no way to function, i have tried to restore it but it didn't work.

:)

markeetaburns, Jul 11, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 11, 2021
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Jul 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

can a laptop be restored after a hack?

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

can a laptop be restored after a hack? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

can a laptop be restored after a hack?

1. can a laptop be restored after a hack? - Similar Threads - laptop restored hack

2. Hacked laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked laptop: Got a new Dell laptop OS Windows 11.just installed a few apps and a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus.In the antivirus dashboard section Devices there are 2 PC listed, my laptop and an unknown device running Windows 10.0.17763 on Vmware.Open CMD and the Administrator is...
  3. Hacked laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked laptop: Got a new Dell laptop OS Windows 11. just installed a few apps and a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus. In the antivirus dashboard section Devices there are 2 PC listed, my laptop and an unknown device running Windows 10.0.17763 on Vmware. Open CMD and the Administrator...
  4. Hacked laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked laptop: Got a new Dell laptop OS Windows 11. just installed a few apps and a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus. In the antivirus dashboard section Devices there are 2 PC listed, my laptop and an unknown device running Windows 10.0.17763 on Vmware. Open CMD and the Administrator...
  5. "Hack" into laptop after being scammed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Hack" into laptop after being scammed: So long story short, i'm not a bad person...my aunts husband died and in the midst of all this she got a phone call from some shady people who gained access to her laptop then encrypted it and put a password on it (she never had one before). Obviously she wasn't thinking and...
  6. Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?

Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?: Samsung laptop purchased in 2012. Recently installed Windows 10 from ISO. Hacked. Removed wifi card. Obviously hacked over ethernet but is bluetooth hack possible without wifi card?...
  7. Wifi Crashed after Restoring Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Crashed after Restoring Laptop: When resetting/restoring my laptop, my wifi crashed. ISP said it should be fine so must be the router at fault? Has the reset somehow stopped the router working properly?...
  8. How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?: So I tried to install something for a game. It came as an exe file and I tried to open it and as soon as I know it something was asking for admin access or something like that and it popped up in my notifications. I tried performing a system restore but it had an error and...
  9. Restoring my pictures after I was hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring my pictures after I was hacked: Several days ago my desk top computer was hacked...it was stopped before they were able to steal any information. However, they really messed up my documents and photos. I ended up talking to a Microsoft Support Tech, who was wonderful and found just about everything. When...
  10. Hacked and can't restore factory settings

Hacked and can't restore factory settings: Help! Last night my runescape account got hacked and I'm afraid some virus was left on my laptop. I can't seem to reset te settings even tho I followed a lot of guides... Can someone pls help me I'm kinda desperate! Nothing works! When I try to reset it says some program is...