Windows 10: Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program

Discus and support Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought Office 2007 for home and student new in 2007, I use it on my PC with MS10, My Son who is severely autistic and does not need anything else, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Apr 9, 2019.

1. billz Win User

Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program

I bought Office 2007 for home and student new in 2007, I use it on my PC with MS10, My Son who is severely autistic and does not need anything else, it was on his previous laptop, but his new MS10 ACER Aspire does not have a disk drive to read the Office program on the disk, the previous one did. In the past I have transferred photos from a Tablet to the PC, but I need the laptop to control the PC DD, if possible, and for MS to be given the Disk Codes of ownership by the laptop.
    I appreciate MS have 365 , 2019 etc but 2007 is perfectly good for our needs.
    The PC is connected to a router by ethernet cable and the Laptop uses a WiFi to connect to the same router, Currently there is no network of PC and laptop / Tablets / connection.
    I use Google as my Browser on the PC, but MS seems to want to switch to Bing whenever it can on the Laptop, when I try to set up Google as it is familar for us all.
    Any advice will be welcome.

:)

billz, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Can't connect external SONY 2X Speed Floppy Disk Drive to my Toshiba laptop Windows 10.

Hi Ken,

The challenge that you experience while trying to to connect your external floppy disk drive is due to a missing or outdated driver that can support the device.

For us to isolate the issue, please answer the following question:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We suggest that you look for the CD installer for your floppy disk drive and have it installed on your laptop. It usually comes with the packaging of the device. You can follow the steps on the article

How to install programs on Windows 10

If in case the CD is not there, you can contact Sony to check for the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program

1. Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program - Similar Threads - laptop adjacent PC's

2. M S flight sim disk download problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M S flight sim disk download problems.: Problems downloading discs into microsoft 11 new computer. first disc recognized and downloaded, disc 2 did not, copied onto desktop and this seemed to do the trick. but disk 3 wont read the disk and wont allow download to desktop. ??? help...
  3. M S flight sim disk download problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M S flight sim disk download problems.: Problems downloading discs into microsoft 11 new computer. first disc recognized and downloaded, disc 2 did not, copied onto desktop and this seemed to do the trick. but disk 3 wont read the disk and wont allow download to desktop. ??? help...
  4. Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?: Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account? Too long to explain, but none of the reset pw options work for me. If M/S can reset, does anyone contact number or email or phone number. I do not care if data is lost....
  5. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...
  6. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...
  7. Downloading M/S works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading M/S works: Anti Virus-Norton Will not let this download - Unsafe _ What to do..? I Like this Program.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-ms-works/fa903b4c-7d6f-4828-a445-563ecba9cf81
  8. Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a laptop use an adjacent PC's Disk Drive to upload a M.S. Program: I bought Office 2007 for home and student new in 2007, I use it on my PC with MS10, My Son who is severely autistic and does not need anything else, it was on his previous laptop, but his new MS10 ACER Aspire does not have a disk drive to read the Office program on the disk,...
  9. How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?: Yes, I have successfully changed the default applications. But everytime I try to hook up my Samsung s8, It opens Microsoft Photos and then the REAL problems begin. PHOTOS is just not ready for prime time....
  10. This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used: How do I get my Windows 10 machine to show percent of drive used by default? I miss the old pie chart view that showed by default how much space I had on a drive. How do I configure that in W10? 88472