Windows 10: can a license be stolen from a pc?

Discus and support can a license be stolen from a pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; can a license be stolen from a pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LarryPanich, Apr 14, 2020.

1. can a license be stolen from a pc?

can a license be stolen from a pc?

:)

LarryPanich, Apr 14, 2020
  2. gaitski Win User

Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today, and they advised me to activate the product key on my new PC which will deactivate the license on the stolen one. I asked if they could deactivate the stolen key right now, but they said they cannot.

gaitski, Apr 14, 2020
  3. debsawyer Win User

Sounds like a plan.

debsawyer, Apr 14, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. can a license be stolen from a pc? - Similar Threads - license stolen

2. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  3. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  4. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Digital Windows License linked to stolen Microsoft account, want to do clean install, what...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Windows License linked to stolen Microsoft account, want to do clean install, what...: Hello. I bought an original Windows 8.1 Home in 2014 CD with Key Sticker, but after Windows 10 came out i upgradet it and the Windows 10 digital key was linked to my Microsoft Account not this one i'm writing from. Unfortunately few years ago someone hacked into my account...
  6. Digital Windows License linked to stolen Microsoft account, want to do clean install, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital Windows License linked to stolen Microsoft account, want to do clean install, what...: Hello. I bought an original Windows 8.1 Home in 2014 CD with Key Sticker, but after Windows 10 came out i upgradet it and the Windows 10 digital key was linked to my Microsoft Account not this one i'm writing from. Unfortunately few years ago someone hacked into my account...
  7. Digital Windows License linked to stolen Microsoft account, want to do clean install, what...

8. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License: I was in the process of selling a laptop that I purchased a new Windows 10 license for. The person ended up stealing it and has changed the password on the MS account registered not as dumb as I thought. Is there a way to have Windows deactivate the license - I have my proof...
  9. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License: I was in the process of selling a laptop that I purchased a new Windows 10 license for. The person ended up stealing it and has changed the password on the MS account registered not as dumb as I thought. Is there a way to have Windows deactivate the license - I have my proof...
  10. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade