Windows 10: Can a limit PS slow down a system?

Discus and support Can a limit PS slow down a system? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; For FS 2020, I installed a Gigabyte GTX 1660 6Gb after having updated to Win 10 Pro 64-bit v2004. I have a Dell XPS 8700 i7-4770 8Gb 2014 and the PS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Saintor, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Saintor Win User

Can a limit PS slow down a system?

For FS 2020, I installed a Gigabyte GTX 1660 6Gb after having updated to Win 10 Pro 64-bit v2004. I have a Dell XPS 8700 i7-4770 8Gb 2014 and the PS is 460 or 475w. My SSD is 25% free and FS is installed on my 2nd 1TB HD.

A few times, after a bizarre noise, both screens went blank. Didn't happen in the last 48 hours though.

Some applications feel slower than before. FS 2020 is painfully slow to load. I thought that adding card would enhance the experience... not. I don't know if something is wrong or not. I just updated NVIDIA drivers.

I have the impression that a limit PS might have caused the crash. I ordered more RAM modules to top at 16Gb and will get them soon . Is it remotely possible/plausible that an old/limit PS can slow down a system? Also my card is installed with a 8-pin to 6-pin plug to the PS.

Is there anything else that I could check? ... I should have bought a new system... *Sick

:)

Saintor, Sep 15, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can a limit PS slow down a system? - Similar Threads - limit slow down

2. why my system slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why my system slow down: my system very slow i did not find it any problem, system is updated and restarted but this problem now face it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-system-slow-down/c730c5dc-7707-447e-9c80-ba0c04c612ff
  3. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  4. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  5. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  6. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  7. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Internet slow down + system lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow down + system lagging: Hello community, I've recently ran into an issue that I just can't solve and it's a mystery for me. My internet for some reason started to slow down from 300mbps to 30 - 60mbps and when I'm doing something that burdens the internet watching youtube, loading a page, making...
  9. System slow down

System slow down: I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task...
  10. System slow down

System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...