Windows 10: Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC

Discus and support Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but here is the scenario: I have an HP 570-Pxxx series computer with Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mcd73165, May 8, 2020.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC

Hi. I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but here is the scenario: I have an HP 570-Pxxx series computer with Windows 10 version 1909. I keep an updated image with Macrium Reflect free version. If I were to buy a new HP computer with the same series as my original and install Macrium Reflect and create a Boot menu, could I copy the image from my old computer to the new computer? Thanks in advance for any replies.

:)

Mcd73165, May 8, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 8, 2020
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

A few days ago I was told that to accomplish my goal I needed to use Macrium Reflect to take an image of my C drive, and then transfer the image to the new pc. I've done that, and would like to know if it's a simple matter of just transferring it from
    my Seagate external HD to the new pc, so my browser settings, etc. will be as they are now...or are there any other steps I need to take in the process?

Phil_A1, May 8, 2020
  4. Phil_A1 Win User

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Image

2. Using Macrium Reflect to switch to new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium Reflect to switch to new PC: I have a back up of my current PC on Macrium Reflect. I'm considering a new PC. 1. How do I do a new back up? Will it just overwrite the existing one? 2. Can I use Macrium Reflect's back up file (on an external HD) to open the new PC, which will come without an OS?...
  3. Using Macrium Reflect to switch to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Macrium Reflect to switch to new PC: I have a back up of my current PC on Macrium Reflect. I'm considering a new PC. 1. How do I do a new back up? Will it just overwrite the existing one? 2. Can I use Macrium Reflect's back up file (on an external HD) to open the new PC, which will come without an OS?...
  4. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  9. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...
  10. Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot: How to: Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot [img] Information If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact...