Windows 10: Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another?

Discus and support Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have one PC where I'm running some tests and probably is infected is sort of stuff (I install suspicious stuff there before using them on my main... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mibaup, Feb 12, 2021.

1. mibaup Win User

Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another?

I have one PC where I'm running some tests and probably is infected is sort of stuff (I install suspicious stuff there before using them on my main computers)

But are malwares today sophisticated enough to "jump" through the network from the infected PC to other PCs on the network?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another? - Similar Threads - malware jump network

2. Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?: Hi I have Windows 7 Home Prem OA pre installed on an elderly Acer laptop and I have a product key sticker on the underneath of the Acer laptop. I would like to move it over to my MacBook Pro on a dual boot system. Is is possible and allowed to move over Windows 7 to...
  3. Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.: Hello, I would like to transfer a Windows 10 license from on PC to another. I have purchased windows 10 home from the digital store on one of my PC's, lets call it PC1. PC1 is activated with Windows 10 Home with a "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  4. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  5. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  6. COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received....
  7. myscreen keeps jumping from one site to another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    myscreen keeps jumping from one site to another.: please advise how this can be stopped without sending a list of other questions. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/myscreen-keeps-jumping-from-one-site-to-another/3376cd91-f502-4953-8ae3-0b3311bd7718
  8. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  9. Sync calendar from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync calendar from one PC to another: Hi there !! I really really need help!! My HP model 14BS153OD is dying a slow and painful death and will be having it's death rattle soon. Before it is dead as a door nail and in the trash heap, the only thing I am concerned about at all is my calendar....
  10. One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network: Hi We have a home network comprising three PCs, all of which should see, and be able to communicate with, the others on the network. Problem is that one PC can't see or communicate with one of the other two PCs. As far as I am aware all PCs are set up the same but for some...