Windows 10: Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

Discus and support Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I believe push notifications are not tracked. This evening I received a toast popup from what appears to be a malware author who has gleaned what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alex Mondale, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

I believe push notifications are not tracked. This evening I received a toast popup from what appears to be a malware author who has gleaned what appears to be a decade-old password and username. The message body was something like "This is the hacker who discovered your pwd" with strange characters intermingled in the message. Of course, I am bothered a bit but not amazed that a very old password is floating around the internet, but I am surprised and concerned that the toast notification was able to be sent directly to my windows account. It seems only trusted applications and the O/S itself can do so, and checking which ones were open, I noticed only Outlook 2016, which can and does send toast notifications. However, I didn't find any corresponding emails with this purported sender (something like "Tild1 K0nrad" ) in recent emails.

Any ideas what may have caused it?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

:)

Alex Mondale, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Lee.Yang Win User

about WP7 push notification

hi guys,

i can use toast push notification to call up my application, but I have a question about this.

When application start, how could I distinguish the application is call up by the push notification or call up by human click the application?

Thanks all.

Lee.Yang, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ousmane C., Nov 8, 2018
  4. Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

Push/toast notifications on WM10 not working

I use a Lumia 550 with Windows 10 Mobile. On the phone there were the preinstalled apps "MSN Nachrichten" und "MSN Finanzen".

In theses apps I engaged the push notification on the first of January this year. Unfortunately I havn' got any notifications yet.

So I looked into the adjustmants menu for Notifications and Infos. Under the topic Show notifications of apps I found a list of apps with a key beside in ON-Position. The APPs "MSN Nachrichten" and "MSN Finanzen" are not listet there. I assume, that this
    has an impact to the problem. Push Notifications on the listed apps are working, e.g. "Outlook-Mail" and "Outlook calendar".

Appreciate any help.

Systeminformation of my phone: Windows 10 Mobile, Version 1511, Build 10.0.10586.29

klaus204020, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

1. Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification? - Similar Threads - malware message crafted

2. Windows Toast Notifications Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Toast Notifications Issue: [ATTACH] Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules (I believe I have!) Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue...
  3. Push Notifications for Employees?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Push Notifications for Employees?: Hey there, today I’m searching for an easy way to push notifications to our employees if there are networking issues or something like that. It could be either via the Windows 10 Notification Center or a popup message but it has to be simple. Maybe with the ability to add a...
  4. Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1909 (Buid 18363.1256), I rolled back from 20H2 (to many problems). This issue was already there before I had made the upgrade. When I plugged in my WD External Hard Drive wich is protected by Bitlocker, I get that small notification toast at the...
  5. Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear: When I receive a toast notification from the action center, it does not leave my screen, despite the fact that I have the setting for them to go away after 5 seconds. When I click on the notification to dismiss it, it brings me to the desktop which means If I am watching...
  6. Change Notification Toast Location

Change Notification Toast Location: I've scoured the internet to find a way to change the Notification Location for Windows 10. The closest thing I've found is this post: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ However, since a certain Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  8. Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop notification toasts but keep the sound: The title says it. Is there any way to do this? We need the sounds to warn staff that documents and photos are arriving in Dropbox, but the notifications toast pops up right over top of a key app process button which cannot be moved. I did have a registry hack that put the...
  9. Windows 10 Toast notification

Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  10. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...