Windows 10: Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

Discus and support Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I believe push notifications are not tracked. This evening I received a toast popup from what appears to be a malware author who has gleaned what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alex Mondale, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Alex Mondale Win User

Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification?

I believe push notifications are not tracked. This evening I received a toast popup from what appears to be a malware author who has gleaned what appears to be a decade-old password and username. The message body was something like "This is the hacker who discovered your pwd" with strange characters intermingled in the message. Of course, I am bothered a bit but not amazed that a very old password is floating around the internet, but I am surprised and concerned that the toast notification was able to be sent directly to my windows account. It seems only trusted applications and the O/S itself can do so, and checking which ones were open, I noticed only Outlook 2016, which can and does send toast notifications. However, I didn't find any corresponding emails with this purported sender (something like "Tild1 K0nrad" ) in recent emails.

Any ideas what may have caused it?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

:)

Alex Mondale, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Lee.Yang Win User

about WP7 push notification

hi guys,

i can use toast push notification to call up my application, but I have a question about this.

When application start, how could I distinguish the application is call up by the push notification or call up by human click the application?

Thanks all.

Lee.Yang, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ousmane C. Win User
    Ousmane C., Nov 8, 2018
  4. klaus204020 Win User

Push/toast notifications on WM10 not working

I use a Lumia 550 with Windows 10 Mobile. On the phone there were the preinstalled apps "MSN Nachrichten" und "MSN Finanzen".

In theses apps I engaged the push notification on the first of January this year. Unfortunately I havn' got any notifications yet.

So I looked into the adjustmants menu for Notifications and Infos. Under the topic Show notifications of apps I found a list of apps with a key beside in ON-Position. The APPs "MSN Nachrichten" and "MSN Finanzen" are not listet there. I assume, that this
    has an impact to the problem. Push Notifications on the listed apps are working, e.g. "Outlook-Mail" and "Outlook calendar".

Appreciate any help.

Systeminformation of my phone: Windows 10 Mobile, Version 1511, Build 10.0.10586.29

klaus204020, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can a malware message be crafted that creates push/toast notification? - Similar Threads - malware message crafted

2. Windows push notifications user service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  3. Windows 10 Toast notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  4. The Toast Notification number updates in the action center icon, however the notifications...

The Toast Notification number updates in the action center icon, however the notifications...: The action center stopped working right after the update. The notifications are recorded in the speech bubble icon but they don't play sounds, don't display the toast message and they are not recorded in the action center. The top section of the panel is completely blank....
  5. Notifications of messages received

Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  6. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  7. How can I stop advertising messages in the notification

How can I stop advertising messages in the notification: I am running Windows 10 64 bit Pro with all the latest updates and I am now getting notifications say I am not using the last version of Office , I use Office 10 and I do not need to get the latest for my needs and notifications say there are XXX documents that I have used...
  8. Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10

Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10: hi My windows 10 Build 10240 i want change position Toast Notifications Windows from Bottom to Top. [img] Please help me! because have problem with position. 29104
  9. Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen: I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc. and it's always in the way when I have something open that receives a lot of them. Is there anyway to move where they...
  10. Turn On or Off Push Notifications from TenForums.com

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Push Notifications from TenForums.com: Great addition @Shawn @Brink! Thank you. Cheers 79905