Windows 10: Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

Discus and support Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? We need to verify if we can use the ESD license to create a virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Jaegle, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? We need to verify if we can use the ESD license to create a virtual Windows 10 session/instance on a server?

:)

David Jaegle, Dec 2, 2021

2. windows 10 ESD downgrade to windows 7 pro

Your question is very confusing.

So you have a software download of Windows 10 Pro with no product key.

Is that correct?

Then you say:

1. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

2. need a purchase license only windows 10 pro

3. how i can activate this license key(windows 10 pro ESD) on my PC with windows 7 pro?

4. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

If you already have Windows 7 why download Windows 10 Pro if you don't want to use Windows 10 Pro??

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If by some chance you mean that you bought Windows 10 Pro and you want to downgrade it for free to Windows 7 Pro, you can't.

Windows 10 Pro had to be a preinstalled OEM license.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Dec 2, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Robert_os Win User

Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

1. Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pro ESD

2. ESD license for Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD license for Windows 11.: Hi! Tell me, please, when will Microsoft "make us happy" with an ESD license for Windows 11 on sale in the Microsoft Store? To be honest, I and many are already tired of waiting. What is the problem and the "secret plan"? I can not understand....
  3. ESD license for Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESD license for Windows 11.: Hi! Tell me, please, when will Microsoft "make us happy" with an ESD license for Windows 11 on sale in the Microsoft Store? To be honest, I and many are already tired of waiting. What is the problem and the "secret plan"? I can not understand....
  4. How can you verify that an ESD license is Genuine or Not

How can you verify that an ESD license is Genuine or Not: Hi,Please let me know how to verify that an ESD license is Genuine or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-verify-that-an-esd-license-is-genuine/ad64c0e6-c6b4-40f4-b7ea-a9c1c2e11e70
  5. Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?: Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? We need to verify if we can use the ESD license to create a virtual Windows 10 session/instance on a server?...
  6. Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?

Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment?: Can a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ESD license be used in a virtual environment? We need to verify if we can use the ESD license to create a virtual Windows 10 session/instance on a server?...
  7. windows 10 pro ESD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro ESD: Hello,If I bought windows 10 pro esd license key, can it be used again if OS is reinstalled/formatted?Kindly assist. Regards,Hamza https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-esd/6044acb6-fc50-47c6-8194-6d3825228e92
  8. ESD - Retail license for Windows 10 PRO

ESD - Retail license for Windows 10 PRO: Hi !I want to know how it works. Does linking your Retail license to Microsoft account keep your license safe from the others ? I mean , if I configure the license in my Microsoft account to add my computer with Windows 10 PRO , if someone knows or saw the product key...
  9. Which Microsoft licenses are required for using VDI environment?

Which Microsoft licenses are required for using VDI environment?: All client machines are private employees machines Operating Systems iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows Home en Pro wich would imply that only Microsoft VDA licensing can be used for every physical computer used in this scenario. -> Does VDA include an Windows 10 Enterprise license...
  10. Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing

Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing: Hi, I have a server that is running hyper-v 2016 core and i would like to run a few windows 10 Pro virtual machines. Do i use the standard licensing or is there a different way of licensing the machines? We are using Office 365 for our user accounts so can assign other...