Windows 10: Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

Discus and support Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On August 5th, my wife visited a web site that Norton 360 immediately flagged as a bad site. She promptly exited the site and cleared the browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by George S555, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

On August 5th, my wife visited a web site that Norton 360 immediately flagged as a bad site. She promptly exited the site and cleared the browsing history. Within 30 minutes of this incident, I ran multiple Norton 360 virus scans and no penetrations were revealed. About 60 minutes later, the windows 10 update manager notified us that a patch KB5015807 OS Builds 19042.1826, 19043.1826, and 19044.1826 was ready to be installed. I looked at the Windows update version history and found this patch had been installed on July 13th, 2022. Questions:Is there any rea

:)

George S555, Aug 7, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2022
  4. popanot Win User

Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

Edge continues to hijack my pdf

This is an issue that has been going on since Windows 10 came out. Your suggested 'fix' fixes the issue temporarily, but a simple restart or a Win10 update quickly resets everything back to Edge. How about MS stop jacking with the registry settings and allow
    users to control their own machines rather than constantly hijacking apps to point to inferior MS products? Shouldn't setting the PDF association to open with Adobe (or any file/app association) be permanent? Yes, it should! So why does MS keep hijacking
    it?

Gives us solution!!! Fix it!!!

popanot, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

1. Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user? - Similar Threads - patch hijacked external

2. Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?: On August 5th, my wife visited a web site that Norton 360 immediately flagged as a bad site. She promptly exited the site and cleared the browsing history. Within 30 minutes of this incident, I ran multiple Norton 360 virus scans and no penetrations were revealed. About...
  3. Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a MS Windows 10 patch be hijacked by an external user?: On August 5th, my wife visited a web site that Norton 360 immediately flagged as a bad site. She promptly exited the site and cleared the browsing history. Within 30 minutes of this incident, I ran multiple Norton 360 virus scans and no penetrations were revealed. About...
  4. Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in: Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in with and admin accountNeed help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-admin-password-after-ms-10-performed-a/fc96528e-9266-4dd5-86ca-6b92a54ec5c0
  5. Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in: Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in with and admin accountNeed help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-admin-password-after-ms-10-performed-a/fc96528e-9266-4dd5-86ca-6b92a54ec5c0
  6. Corrupted admin password after MS 10 performed a patch, can not get in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MS Mail hijacking my emails.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Mail hijacking my emails.: How can I stop MS Mail sending my documents by email. I have just updated to Windows 10. My default email is google mail. When I try to email a document Mail takes over and will not let me send it by google mail. I have disabled all of the settings in the Mail app and Mail...
  8. error #MS-SYSINFO32 Hijack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error #MS-SYSINFO32 Hijack: Which Pop Up Blocker Will Stop error #MS-SYSINFO32 From Popping Up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-ms-sysinfo32-hijack/3cc4ec2b-04f5-461c-9940-afa11ebb2e09
  9. MS edge hijacked today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS edge hijacked today: Today edge was hijacked, message asks me to call number . I know this is a scam so tried to close edge, could not. So I closed with task manager, rebooted. When I opened edge message was still there. HELP, how do I get rid of it and fix my computer? 64658
  10. Hijacked by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Hijacked by Windows 10: Ok, I am having to post this via a borrowed computer. Borrowed because Windows 10 has purposefully locked me out of my computer until I comply with their wishes. WIndows 10, review your privacy settings to get ready for the next update. I do not want to review my...