Windows 10: CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?

Discus and support CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Excel file on my hard drive that contains private info. It has been password protected through the Excel option. If I were to upload it to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffA Warner, Feb 9, 2020.

1. CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?

I have an Excel file on my hard drive that contains private info. It has been password protected through the Excel option. If I were to upload it to my One Drive folder, would that be an issue? Note that I am not referring to the password protect option for sharing within One Drive. I don't intend to share with any other user.

:)

JeffA Warner, Feb 9, 2020
  2. AP1_925 Win User

OneDrive - Password protected PDF - comments and protection

Hi

I regularly use Onedrive to read PDFs via the OneDrive Viewer, on both Android and IOS11 App's without issue. I often use the in-built highlighter and comments tools to annotate PDF's again without any issues.

However I have a PDF issued by a 3rd Party which is password protected to prevent all actions (copying text, photos, comments, highlight etc) with the exception of opening the file. i.e. I can open the PDF without a password and read it. I have opened
    the file in Acrobat Reader DC, it confirms I cannot do anything except open and read the document.

When I use OneDrive viewer, it allows me to open this file, but also allow highlighting and comments etc, somehow side stepping the PDF protection. However when it comes to sync the file OneDrive then extends the password protection to also include opening
    the file. As a 3rd party set this password I can not longer access the file or see any of my comments....

Is this a known bug, something is not right here?

Andy

AP1_925, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Password Protected Word Files

My Nokia Lumia 510 with Windows 7 will not allow me to open my OneDrive Password Protected Word files. It always gives me the message “Password-protected files can’t be opened”.

I really prefer to have all my files password protected so in order to resolve this I am considering purchasing a Lumia 630 which has Windows 8.1. Obviously I don’t want to waste money buying this model if I still can’t open my OneDrive Word files. Is anyone
    able to tell me whether this will resolve the problem or alternatively suggest which model I should purchase? Many thanks. Suzie

SuzieB---01, Feb 9, 2020
  4. CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?

ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?

1. CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE? - Similar Threads - PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE

2. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  3. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  4. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password protected files appeared on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files appeared on my PC: I was doing a regular full system scan with Bitdefender and it notified me that were password protected files now on my PC. I'm not sure what the password is or how to scan them....
  6. Can we protect password in notepad file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we protect password in notepad file?: Can we protect notepad file with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-protect-password-in-notepad-file/7a207b11-7b51-4289-bdf0-9754fe43590d
  7. Can we protect password in notepad file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we protect password in notepad file?: Can we protect notepad file with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-protect-password-in-notepad-file/7a207b11-7b51-4289-bdf0-9754fe43590d
  8. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  9. Password-protected files

Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  10. HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD

HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD: HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-protect-a-file-and-a-folder-using/8fd3cac7-f10c-4888-81b8-855f4445fbff"