Windows 10: can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

Discus and support can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BCTheDude, Apr 18, 2024.

1. BCTheDude Win User

can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the momentor no, CMOS has nothing to do with normal updates?

:)

BCTheDude, Apr 18, 2024
  2. BCTheDude Win User

Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up (although it seems to only be effecting the clock), and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a broken CMOS can be terrible. If I did get a BIOS update again, would it just not install, or would my Windows 10 laptop be a goner?

BCTheDude, Apr 18, 2024
  3. BCTheDude Win User
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up (although it seems to only be effecting the clock), and I am curious about this thought.

BCTheDude, Apr 18, 2024
  4. BCTheDude Win User

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Alrighty so broken CMOS = okay to upgrade? I just wanna make sure

BCTheDude, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

1. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update? - Similar Threads - possibly broken CMOS

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  5. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  6. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  7. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  8. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

9. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

10. cmos battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cmos battery: Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case? I cannot think of any other way to know the information as print screen etc cannot be used. TY Peter 44179