Windows 10: Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

Discus and support Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was moving my windows install to a new drive and mistook product ID for the product key. I didn't write down the key, just the ID, is there any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EvanTarnowski, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

I was moving my windows install to a new drive and mistook product ID for the product key. I didn't write down the key, just the ID, is there any way to recover the key or is it lost?

:)

EvanTarnowski, Jul 20, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

I have a HP with win 10 on it. I'd like to sell it. So to keep win 10 on it but deactivate the product key they would just have to what buy a product key?

Bsquaredboone, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

It sounds like the key is gone for good if he didn't write it down somewhere.

Just to be clear, you can either deactivate or just uninstall/format the retail Windows from a PC to be able to reinstall it on another PC.

Brink, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

1. Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated - Similar Threads - Product Key recovered

2. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  3. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  4. How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated: How to recover BitLocker key if you dont have two factored validation. Your email has been deactivated after I retired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key-if-your-email-has/43c6efc1-f752-447c-bf21-abc5a27598ab
  5. How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated: How to recover BitLocker key if you dont have two factored validation. Your email has been deactivated after I retired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key-if-your-email-has/43c6efc1-f752-447c-bf21-abc5a27598ab
  6. The Product Key has been Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  7. Recover Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Win 10 product key: For reasons that would take far too long to explain, I need to recover my Win 10 product key. I am no longer able to use the version that came installed with the computer. To fix this I bought a new version from Amazon, though it did not come with a key. The new version is...
  8. Deactivate product key

Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  9. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  10. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there anyway to recover your windows product key after deactivation