Windows 10: Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

Discus and support Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was moving my windows install to a new drive and mistook product ID for the product key. I didn't write down the key, just the ID, is there any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EvanTarnowski, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

I was moving my windows install to a new drive and mistook product ID for the product key. I didn't write down the key, just the ID, is there any way to recover the key or is it lost?

:)

EvanTarnowski, Jul 20, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

I have a HP with win 10 on it. I'd like to sell it. So to keep win 10 on it but deactivate the product key they would just have to what buy a product key?

Bsquaredboone, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

It sounds like the key is gone for good if he didn't write it down somewhere.

Just to be clear, you can either deactivate or just uninstall/format the retail Windows from a PC to be able to reinstall it on another PC.

Brink, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated

1. Can a Product Key be recovered after Win 10 has already been deactivated - Similar Threads - Product Key recovered

2. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  3. Already used product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Already used product key: I bought an key for an Mircosoft product and when I wanted to use it it said it was already used. And if I want my Money back they said I have to know when the key was used. How do I find out [moved from German forums]...
  4. Recovering windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering windows 10 product key?: A few months ago, my desktops' hard drive suffered a catastrophic failure. I am dumb, and I never made a recovery disc, and I cannot find the paperwork that came with my computer. I did, however, have my microsoft account linked to that computer, by which I mean I had to use...
  5. Windows activation key says it has already been used

Windows activation key says it has already been used: I just received a new windows 10 key from my organization, but it says it has already been used. They said this is an error that Microsoft could fix....
  6. Can i recover my Windows 10 product key?

Can i recover my Windows 10 product key?: I have a problem. My windows 10 pro came pre-activated on my HDD. I don't know the product key and I cant re-activate it anymore. Is there any way I could get the product key?...
  7. Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced

Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced: I lost my product key to a laptop that the motherboard has also been replaced. where & how can i find my product key and how can i activate my windows 10? I have all the digits of the key except the 5 digits. Please help...
  8. Recover Windows 10 Product Key

Recover Windows 10 Product Key: Good morning. A few years ago I bought a new computer to my father with W7 Home Premium. A few months later, I upgraded it to W10 with the free upgrade that Microsoft offered; but I didn't copy the W10 Product Key. A few weeks ago the computer's hard drive crashed...
  9. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: hello *Smile i planning change of my ssd. I have a windows 10 pro x64 Retail License. Should i uninstall my License before installing new SSD and a Clean installation of Win 10? thanks *Wink 35979