Windows 10: Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ?

Discus and support Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've used Dragon to dictate to Word for years but as it packed up recently and not being interested in Cortana and the rest, can I use my excellent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Arcadian Win User

Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ?

I've used Dragon to dictate to Word for years but as it packed up recently and not being interested in Cortana and the rest, can I use my excellent ProSound mike to dictate to Word or say Notepad directly instead ?
    Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Aug 16, 2020

2. Dictate Word 2016.

Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016.

If so where can I go to download it?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

MichaelSloan1, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Cathy-933 Win User

How to dictate text into Word using Windows 10

How do you dictate to Word 2016. I have Cortana, but don`t know how to hook it up with Word. I ask Cortana and get sent in circles. Getting ready to throw Cortana out the window. I am not tech savvy and need step by step instructions.

Cathy-933, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Can a ProSound mike be used to dictate to Word directly ? - Similar Threads - ProSound mike used

2. Word Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  3. Word Dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  4. Autocorrect on dictate in word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect on dictate in word: I want to turn off autocorrect when I dictate in word. Can anyone tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-on-dictate-in-word/06746729-4c30-4185-870a-39147c7f285e
  5. Autocorrect on dictate in word

Autocorrect on dictate in word: I want to turn off autocorrect when I dictate in word. Can anyone tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect-on-dictate-in-word/06746729-4c30-4185-870a-39147c7f285e
  6. Autocorrect on dictate in word

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. dictate on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dictate on word: I will be dictating my essay or something, and I will start dictate, read a couple sentences, look up to see it dictated, look down find my place, read a sentence and when l look up, dictate stopped while I was reading and never put any of the sentence I was reading. Please...
  8. Microsoft Word Dictate

Microsoft Word Dictate: Please help! I was able to use Dictate feature in the past now I get a message that says "To use Dictation, you need internet connection. Please make sure your connection is working" I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and it is still not working. Microsoft...
  9. Dictate Word 2016.

Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Voice dictation to wORD

Voice dictation to wORD: Trying to use Windows 10 voice recognition software to dictate into Word to create document. Program keeps hanging. When it does work, it lags by 10 to 20 seconds before it types dictation. Have restarted program several times. Suggestions...