Windows 10: Can a ssd boost fps?

Discus and support Can a ssd boost fps? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, I already do have an ssd installed on my pc because of a hdd failure that happened not too long ago.Recently not too long ago a friend had some fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Can a ssd boost fps?

Ok, I already do have an ssd installed on my pc because of a hdd failure that happened not too long ago.Recently not too long ago a friend had some fps problems and wondering if adding a ssd may help fix some of it.To my knowledge it wont directly affect fps, only when the cpu depends on the storage drive to tell it what to do, and even then.I do know that an hdd may have game freezing issues and responsiveness may suffer as well.Anyways, back to the question, can in some places, adding an ssd make a difference in fps sometimes? and which places?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Thanks for replying Can a ssd boost fps? :)

I did all the steps listed, but as shown in the screenshot above there is no Microphone Boost slider to modify. And in the "Custom" tab the Microphone Boost box is check-marked so I have no idea why its not showing.

_Daniel_S_, Aug 1, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Can a ssd boost fps?

Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

"Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?"

Nope. Frames are generated by the graphics card, so if you want better FPS, get a better graphics card.

BulldogXX, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Can a ssd boost fps?

1. Can a ssd boost fps? - Similar Threads - ssd boost fps

2. SSD Active Time boosts randomly to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Active Time boosts randomly to 100%: My SSD randomly goes to 100% and freezes everything for a minute or so, health is 100% and I don't know what could fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-active-time-boosts-randomly-to-100/48bacc55-ccb0-4b8a-831d-c82ab46ac08d
  3. SSD Active Time boosts randomly to 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Active Time boosts randomly to 100%: My SSD randomly goes to 100% and freezes everything for a minute or so, health is 100% and I don't know what could fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-active-time-boosts-randomly-to-100/48bacc55-ccb0-4b8a-831d-c82ab46ac08d
  4. how can i use ready boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i use ready boost: how do i use readyboost when i only have 3.83 gbs of ram and it doesnt allow me to use it because it says "readyboost is not enabled because this computer is fast enough that readyboost is unlikely to provide additional benefit" but my 3.83 gbs of ram is barely enough to play...
  5. Xbox Series X|S can now give FPS Boost to backward compatible games

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Series X|S can now give FPS Boost to backward compatible games: [ATTACH] When we were designing Xbox Series X|S, we knew we wanted to continue our commitment to compatibility we started back in 2015, enabling gamers to play their favorite titles from past generations on the new consoles. Nearly all titles benefit from next generation...
  6. Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?: I keep getting mixed signals, I've asked here before. but pls, I wanna squeeze every gaming juice out of my pc, I've disabled some startup programs, changed power options to High Performance. changed advanced system performance settings to "Adjust for best performance"...
  7. Tried to boost fps with a tutorial, messed everythinf up need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to boost fps with a tutorial, messed everythinf up need help: I was following a tutorial to boost my fps on fortnite heres the link: link I was following everything he was doing, until 3:18, where he pressed ignore to the thing, i had the same but after that it told me acces denied, so i pressed ignore all and it started downloading and...
  8. FPS Boost when mouse is not present on screen.

FPS Boost when mouse is not present on screen.: Hello, I have a very weird problem. I play Microsoft Flight Simulator on my PC (in borderless windowed mode) and I have my laptop with second monitor connected to my pc via ''Input Director''. This allows me to move the cursor from my PC screen to my Laptop screen. The...
  9. FPS Boost when mouse is not present on screen.

FPS Boost when mouse is not present on screen.: Hello, I have a very weird problem. I play Microsoft Flight Simulator on my PC (in borderless windowed mode) and I have my laptop with second monitor connected to my pc via ''Input Director''. This allows me to move the cursor from my PC screen to my Laptop screen. The...
  10. Which are the best ways to boost FPS?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which are the best ways to boost FPS?: Which are the best ways to boost FPS? I have a bad graphic card ; Intel G41 Express Chipset I am on Performance in 3D settings of it. I am on best for performance on animations or what it is exactly I use Razer Cortex Game Booster to start my game , as far as I know...