Windows 10: Can a SSD failure cause this?

Discus and support Can a SSD failure cause this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alexbar1, Feb 25, 2024.

1. alexbar1 Win User

Can a SSD failure cause this?

I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i Don't remeber what error it showed at that moment,but now it shows this after that i google how to resolve the boot problem,i think i tried everything booting on another usb stick reinstalling the Windows 10 pro trying to fix the boot from the cmd , making a usb stick with the bios update on it and after the bios update it shows a blank black screen with the _ blinking and after some time it turns blue and shows the same error as before but on blu

:)

alexbar1, Feb 25, 2024
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Feb 25, 2024
  3. labeeman Win User
    SSD Failure

Your SSD failed could be any number of things first I would re seat all cables on the drive. Second substitute another drive in the system and see if it shows up in BIOS or try the original drive in a another machine and see if the system can see the drive. The sata controller could also be bad on the mother board in that case no drive will work.

labeeman, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Can a SSD failure cause this? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Can a SSD failure cause this? - Similar Threads - SSD failure cause

2. SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Failure: I am ruling out possible hard drive failure but I just need verification that my hard drive is actually failing.the hard drive is an SK Hynix PC801 1TB SSDI am receiving following blue screens- critical process died-system service exception-unexpected store exceptionBefore...
  3. Can a SSD failure cause this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a SSD failure cause this?: I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i Don't remeber what error it showed at that moment,but now it shows this after that i google how to resolve the boot problem,i...
  4. Can a SSD failure cause this?

Can a SSD failure cause this?: I have a HP Notebook - 15-db0013nq and i decide to update all the drivers after installing Windows 10 pro.At the bios update Something went wrong i Don't remeber what error it showed at that moment,but now it shows this after that i google how to resolve the boot problem,i...
  5. Ssd failure

Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  6. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  7. SSD Change caused device failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Change caused device failure: I switched out my SSD today due to its predicted failure after a SMART scan. I reinstalled windows through a USB onto my new SSD. However, when windows runs, both my graphics card and my wireless wifi adapter aren’t detected. When I check device manager, this shows up:...
  8. SSD Change caused device failure

SSD Change caused device failure: I switched out my SSD today due to its predicted failure after a SMART scan. I reinstalled windows through a USB onto my new SSD. However, when windows runs, both my graphics card and my wireless wifi adapter aren’t detected. When I check device manager, this shows up:...
  9. SSD Change caused device failure

10. SSD Failure

SSD Failure: Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure. Perhaps I shouldn't be too...