Windows 10: Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk

Discus and support Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to put a text file, say PleaseReadMeFirst.txt in the Windows Recovery USB disk that I have created for Windows 11. This file will have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MDX.179, May 5, 2024.

1. MDX.179 Win User

Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk

I want to put a text file, say PleaseReadMeFirst.txt in the Windows Recovery USB disk that I have created for Windows 11. This file will have some basic info that I need to identify like what is this USB stick for, when it was created, what was the version of Windows 11 under which it was created for, which machine is it for and so on. This text file will be created on the USB Recovery Disk after the Recovery disk has been created from inside Windows 11.Can it be done? If a unicode UTF-8 text file is created in the topmost level of USB recovery disk, along with the folders like EFI and source

:)

MDX.179, May 5, 2024
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 5, 2024
  3. ARTOSOFT Win User
    USB memory disk as a paging file for virtual memory?

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about usb memory disk as a paging file for windows virtual memory.

I am trying to set paging file on usb memory disk, but it is looks windows don't like it and simply ignore it and create paging file on my c:\ drive. It is looks like paging file is created on usb memory disk, but when I check, there is no swap file on usb memory disk. The usb memory disk still empty.

Anyone have experience on it?

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, May 5, 2024
  4. Pinchy Win User

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk ;).

Pinchy, May 5, 2024
Thema:

1. Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk - Similar Threads - text file put

2. Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a text file be put in a USB Windows Recovery Disk: I want to put a text file, say PleaseReadMeFirst.txt in the Windows Recovery USB disk that I have created for Windows 11. This file will have some basic info that I need to identify like what is this USB stick for, when it was created, what was the version of Windows 11 under...
  3. can you put a youtube video on a usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can you put a youtube video on a usb: Hi all is it possible to put a youtube video on a USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-put-a-youtube-video-on-a-usb/e4a16fce-fb1e-4069-a9a7-ac3d8b357b32
  4. can you put a youtube video on a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you put a youtube video on a usb: Hi all is it possible to put a youtube video on a USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-put-a-youtube-video-on-a-usb/e4a16fce-fb1e-4069-a9a7-ac3d8b357b32
  5. can you put a youtube video on a usb

6. Recovery from a USB recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery from a USB recovery disk: Hello,Please can you help.My 1tb hdd in my laptop has crashed. Fortunately, I created a USB Recovery disk.I purchased a 250gb ssd as a replacement, intending to use a portable drive for storage and ssd just for boot and apps.I tried recovering from USP Recovery disk, but it...
  7. can not create a recovery usb

can not create a recovery usb: I have seen reams of problems with this issue - but is there a definitive answer [4 years on!]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-recovery-usb/2578b815-76c3-4d30-add3-2672a724d228
  8. Putting folder names in a text file

Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541
  9. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683
  10. Win 10 recovery USB disk

Win 10 recovery USB disk: I am trying to create a recovery USB drive from which I can install Windows 10 fresh, if needed. Or quickly restore system images in case of a drive issue. There are a couple of things I am not clear about. Background: I have an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 8.1,...