Windows 10: can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...

Discus and support can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a user who is a bit too speedy for his own good but he seems to somehow get into his desktop quite a lot but actually have his account locked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IT Support itsupport8, Jul 1, 2021.

1. can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...

We have a user who is a bit too speedy for his own good but he seems to somehow get into his desktop quite a lot but actually have his account locked out, so he enters his password so quick after his "last attempt" that he still manages to get to his desktop. is this even possible? We know his account locks out because we have email alerts and then he is prompted for a password on outlook for exchange?Any suggestions welcome

:)

IT Support itsupport8, Jul 1, 2021

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Lost User Account

After upgrading from Window 7 to 10, I lost my wife's User Account got messed up, using my email address and login password, with no ability to change them. I received the reply below, but still have problems:

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-

4. Paste all those copied files here.

I tried to create a new user account as in Step 1, but when I put in the command as written above, I kept getting messages about correct syntax for the command. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I
    then tried to set up a new account using the Settings/Accounts/"Add someone else to this PC" menu. I set up the account, but no folder was created under C:\Users\. I tried adding a folder using the new accounts user name and transferred the files from the
    other account. When I tried to log in, I received the same error message. I am at a loss as to how to get back the user account with the correct username, email address, and password. HELP!!!

LouisHafken, Jul 1, 2021
  4. larc919 Win User

can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...

Nonexistent account on lock screen

I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was incorrect. Then I noticed there are now 2 accounts listed at bottom left on the lock screen: the correct one and one with a username that doesn't exist in user accounts. The name is the first 5 letters of the correct login. Unfortunately, the lock screen defaults to the phantom account (of course it would). I can switch to my regular account and log in as usual, but that's bothersome. Is there a settings page where I can get rid of the extra account or is there some place in the registry? The lock screen has to be seeing it somewhere, but it's not showing up in any of the usual account settings places.

Running 19042.746 Pro.

larc919, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...

1. can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a... - Similar Threads - user still log

2. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  3. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  4. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password: Hello, after a Windows update, we are locked out of our account. We reset the password using another device. Sign-In Works on all other devices, except on this laptop. It keeps saying "wrong PIN" even though the password is absolutely correct and working everywhere else....
  6. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  7. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  8. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.: Hello. Hoping someone can help with this. I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to use my computer it said my password was incorrect. I can not get past the log in screen. It states that my password is...
  9. I can't log into my account with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't log into my account with correct password: My laptop stopped starting and the recovery process began. I entered the password but the system asked me tolog into the account. Each time I enter my ms password, it says it is not correct.What is the workaround method?...
  10. Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...: I have googled this problem that I am just now experiencing. I have a virus on another computer, and I have tried everything that I've read and can't solve this. Who do I have to **** to get an answer?...