Windows 10: Can a user with little experience install......

Discus and support Can a user with little experience install...... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; a ram update themself? I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please post and we will be glad to assist you. "When we try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richard000000001, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Can a user with little experience install......

a ram update themself?

I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance please post and we will be glad to assist you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir

:)

richard000000001, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Unable to un-install GeForce Experience

I currently have a Windows 10 laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 970M gpu installed.

I am trying to uninstall the GeForce experience but cannot. I followed the directions in a similar post that stated to do the following:

As you are unable to un-install GeForce Experience software, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptors.
    • Right click on NVidia display card drivers and select Un-install.
    • Note: After selecting un-install you will get the message dialog box – Confirm Device un-install. Make sure you put a check mark that says Delete the driver software for this device
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the computer, computer will load generic display drivers.
    • Now go to Programs and features and check if GeForce Experience is listed under installed programs. If GeForce Experience is still listed, select it and click on Un-install and check
    I am still unable to uninstall the program and am currently trying to reinstall an updated driver.

What else can I do to remove the "experience" program?

Thank you

Daniel Toste, Jul 6, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Can a user with little experience install......

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Can a user with little experience install......

1. Can a user with little experience install...... - Similar Threads - user little experience

2. I sometimes experience BSOD and I've tried everything i can to my very little knowledge....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I sometimes experience BSOD and I've tried everything i can to my very little knowledge....: It happens randomly and I'm unable to recreate the problem. after some digging around online and googling each error code it seems they're mostly generic. I'll paste dump file info. hopefully this will help someone determine what's wrong. thanks in advance. SYMBOL_NAME:...
  3. I sometimes experience BSOD and I've tried everything i can to my very little knowledge....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I sometimes experience BSOD and I've tried everything i can to my very little knowledge....: It happens randomly and I'm unable to recreate the problem. after some digging around online and googling each error code it seems they're mostly generic. I'll paste dump file info. hopefully this will help someone determine what's wrong. thanks in advance. SYMBOL_NAME:...
  4. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected User Experiences and Telemetry: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. when looking in the services on my computer am looking for Connected User Experiences and Telemetry so that I may turn it on as I believe this could be the reasons I am not unlocking my xbox Achievements. But when looking for this it is not...
  5. Portable Install Experiences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Portable Install Experiences: Anyone have any Portable Install Experiences with Windows 10. Was just reading this HTG article and was intrigued. Any input would be appreciated. I've done this a few times with Linux but not with Windows. I've read the article and think all my ducks are in a row, just...
  6. Experience Pack installs

Experience Pack installs: Well, MS is doing it again. Two little popups telling me that "Experience Packs" are being installed on my machine.....without my consent or the desire to do so. THIS IS MY--REPEAT--MY COMPUTER!! It doesn't belong to Microsoft. I don't want anything I didn't ask for being...
  7. Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.: I have a couple of questions about the above processes that seem to continually be running on my system. Firstly, is there a difference between them? If so, what?. Secondly, there have been numerous times (more so since the last Insiders Ring update) that I've noticed the...
  8. Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in

Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in: I am trying to set up a few windows 10 PC's that will have different users logged in at times. I am wanting to uninstall all the unnecessary apps, such as 3D Builder, Code Writer, Eclipse Manager etc. for all users without having to go in the first time they each log in to...
  9. A little mess-up with user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little mess-up with user accounts: Well, things were great for a while but the honeymoon is over and my user accounts are now quite messed up. It took one click to get me into this mess, perhaps one click to get me out?? ; I really would like to avoid a clean install so soon! Up to an hour ago things were...
  10. Introducing the Chrome User Experience Report

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Chrome User Experience Report: Chrome was founded to push the web forward, and a key part of that is enabling developers to improve their user experience. Although current tools allow developers to understand how real-world users experience their own sites, they have never provided insight into comparisons...