Windows 10: can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?

Discus and support can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i bought a new laptop and it had a volume license with it thus my query.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joco_ph, Jun 6, 2023.

1. joco_ph Win User

can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?

i bought a new laptop and it had a volume license with it thus my query.

:)

joco_ph, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Rataan Win User

Selling PC with Windows license

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the
    questions I have are:

1. How do I transfer a Windows license to another person, or is that possible with current licensing rules? The hardware that the license runs on would be the same, just a different person. I don't know if he has a Microsoft account, but we can set one up
      if necessary. This license was originally bought as Windows 7 and then converted to a Windows 10 license. I don't remember if it was an OEM or retail copy or if that is important.
    2. Since I'm building another PC which will need a Windows license, would it just be easier to transfer the license I currently own to the new PC and buy a new license for my brother? In that case, the license would stay with the same person (me) and the same
      Microsoft account, but will run on all new hardware.

Rataan, Jun 6, 2023
  3. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Jun 6, 2023
  4. SigneLPU Win User

Change from volume license to personal license

I am trying to change the windows 10 license on my computer from a volume license to a personal license. When I try to activate my new product key, I get an error key: 0xc004f050. What am I doing wrong?

SigneLPU, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

1. can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use? - Similar Threads - vendor sell Volume

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  3. can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?: i bought a new laptop and it had a volume license with it thus my query. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-vendor-sell-windows-volume-license-for/037f49a5-0c0f-4724-a817-26465d2cab45
  4. can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?

can a vendor sell Windows Volume license for personal or home use?: i bought a new laptop and it had a volume license with it thus my query. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-vendor-sell-windows-volume-license-for/037f49a5-0c0f-4724-a817-26465d2cab45
  5. Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use?

Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use?: Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-11-education-at-home-for/e37cdcb2-f4d0-4ccb-aee8-8402d5270cd2
  6. Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use?: Can I use windows 11 education at home for personal use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-11-education-at-home-for/e37cdcb2-f4d0-4ccb-aee8-8402d5270cd2
  7. CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?: Hi Microsoft,I have a concern that i want to clarify, I have Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription, under which i have access to tons of Product key. i.e i can claim tens of copies of each type of Windows 10, Office, and other Software.These Product keys are of type retail,...
  8. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  9. Change from volume license to personal license

Change from volume license to personal license: I am trying to change the windows 10 license on my computer from a volume license to a personal license. When I try to activate my new product key, I get an error key: 0xc004f050. What am I doing wrong?...
  10. Selling PC with Windows license

Selling PC with Windows license: I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:...