Windows 10: Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account?

Discus and support Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop. Windows Surface Go to be exact. I just signed into my account on my new laptop and now the desktop and such looks exactly the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quantum_Specter, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account?

I just got a new laptop. Windows Surface Go to be exact. I just signed into my account on my new laptop and now the desktop and such looks exactly the same as it did on the old computer. It looks like some files are here as well. I believe my old laptop had a virus because sometimes it randomly shut off from time to time. Small black windows running some kind of scripts would also pop up from time to time. I never got it checked out. I’m just hoping it didn’t transfer to my new laptop. Please help.

submitted by /u/Quantum_Specter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quantum_Specter, Dec 25, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account?

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account?

1. Can a virus be transferred from me signing into my windows account? - Similar Threads - virus transferred signing

2. Windows asking me to sign out my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking me to sign out my account: I just upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. It was fine at first and then when I turn on my laptop, it took so long for me to get in after I put my pin and when I get in, it's asking me to sign out my account and says this problem can often be fixed by signing out of my...
  3. Windows asking me to sign out my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking me to sign out my account: I just upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. It was fine at first and then when I turn on my laptop, it took so long for me to get in after I put my pin and when I get in, it's asking me to sign out my account and says this problem can often be fixed by signing out of my...
  4. Can I transfer stuff I bought signed off to my Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer stuff I bought signed off to my Microsoft account: I bought slot of stuff signed out so I could play with other people but I figured out you need a Microsoft account to play with other people. So I made an account but when I signed in all my stuff was gone....
  5. Account transferred, can’t sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account transferred, can’t sign in.: Hello, I have a personal Microsoft account through an old school email. The school recently migrated my email account to a new account. My windows PC is set to sign in to the old account, so I receive the message “You can’t sign in to this account. Try a different account.”...
  6. Account transferred, can’t sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account transferred, can’t sign in.: Hello, I have a personal Microsoft account through an old school email. The school recently migrated my email account to a new account. My windows PC is set to sign in to the old account, so I receive the message “You can’t sign in to this account. Try a different account.”...
  7. Account transferred, can’t sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB by simply plugging it in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB by simply plugging it in?: Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB or external hard drive simply by plugging it in without transferring any data? And what situations or types of viruses might this happen? How common is this if it does happen? And are there any ways to avoid it?...
  9. Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account: Long story short, This is not a video card issue. Virgin install of Windows 10 (1909 18363.720), Offline Account. Every time I update to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1060, I reboot, and when the system comes back up, Windows 10 pops up an annoying box stating that,...
  10. Can i get the money in my account transferred back to me?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can i get the money in my account transferred back to me?: I have some money in my account that I am not using. Can I get it transferred back to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-the-money-in-my-account-transferred-back/765bce9b-30a1-4de9-aa8e-a43b87fed938"