Windows 10: Can a virus bypass a factory reset?

Discus and support Can a virus bypass a factory reset? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had a run in with a hacker who potentially put a R.A.T on my computer I have factory reset computer in a panic attempt to remove it. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LemonBridge48, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Can a virus bypass a factory reset?

Hi, I recently had a run in with a hacker who potentially put a R.A.T on my computer I have factory reset computer in a panic attempt to remove it. My friend told me that certian R.A.Ts can bypass factory resetting by making windows think that it is the windows key and therefore saving after a facory reset. Is this true? And if so how can I identify this threat and remove it

:)

LemonBridge48, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 14, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 14, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Can a virus bypass a factory reset?

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Can a virus bypass a factory reset?

1. Can a virus bypass a factory reset? - Similar Threads - virus bypass factory

2. hey can u fix these viruses with a factory reset of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey can u fix these viruses with a factory reset of windows?: Hey,I recently got a laptop to fix I would like to know whether I could get rid of these viruses with a simple reset of Windows the following are the viruses:Exploit:Ruby/JSShell.G!MSRTrojan:Java/SAgnt.A!MTBExploit:JS/ShellCodeTrojan:JS/Malgent!MSRthankyou...
  3. hey can u fix these viruses with a factory reset of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hey can u fix these viruses with a factory reset of windows?: Hey,I recently got a laptop to fix I would like to know whether I could get rid of these viruses with a simple reset of Windows the following are the viruses:Exploit:Ruby/JSShell.G!MSRTrojan:Java/SAgnt.A!MTBExploit:JS/ShellCodeTrojan:JS/Malgent!MSRthankyou...
  4. Virus deleted explorer.exe. How can I factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus deleted explorer.exe. How can I factory reset?: Hello all, a few months ago I fell victim to a Trojan virus imitating a google update, and after accidentally giving the virus permission to change computer files, my computer restarted and began having a significantly longer startup time and displaying the error of “unknown...
  5. Virus deleted explorer.exe. How can I factory reset?

Virus deleted explorer.exe. How can I factory reset?: Hello all, a few months ago I fell victim to a Trojan virus imitating a google update, and after accidentally giving the virus permission to change computer files, my computer restarted and began having a significantly longer startup time and displaying the error of “unknown...
  6. Virus deleted explorer.exe. How can I factory reset?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. A Virus or Trojan or Worm That Can Survive a Factory Reset on Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Virus or Trojan or Worm That Can Survive a Factory Reset on Computer: Hello, I plan on doing a factory reset on my Thinkpad X270 Windows 10 Pro laptop, but I'd like to check on certain things: I read the following on backed-up files: "In most cases, a factory reset will remove viruses. But how exactly do some manage to survive it? Wherever...
  8. can not acess factory reset

can not acess factory reset: Not able to use System Restore or FactoryReset. I can click these but they are not functioning, Ican open W#10 DESKTOP AND CLOSE NORMALLY. When Apps are open they will not close or downsize. I was abls to run a full Windows Defender san bui this did not show anything. I am...
  9. Factory reset files have a virus?

Factory reset files have a virus?: Using windows 7 acer computer. Wondering if viruses can get into factory reset folders and stay with the system even after full factory reset? How to genuine fix if they can? Thanks....
  10. Virus Factory Reset Problem

Virus Factory Reset Problem: Hello there, I have this massive problem where a virus has hijacked the command prompt thus leaving me not to be able to do anything about it. I tried all possible solutions including booting in the safe mode and fixing it. I simply gave up and went to factory reset my PC....