Windows 10: Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system?

Discus and support Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A bootable Windows 10 flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool on a device with an unknown security level. If the device is infected with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vladislav Bahmutskiy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system?

A bootable Windows 10 flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool on a device with an unknown security level. If the device is infected with a virus, can it infect the bootable USB flash drive and install it along with the system?

:)

Vladislav Bahmutskiy, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system?

1. Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system? - Similar Threads - virus infect bootable

2. Bootable windows USB for infected laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable windows USB for infected laptop: A few months back I made a forum for a infected laptop of mine that had unrestricted access that I full reinstalled I think it still does have unrestricted...
  3. Bootable windows USB for infected laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable windows USB for infected laptop: A few months back I made a forum for a infected laptop of mine that had unrestricted access that I full reinstalled I think it still does have unrestricted...
  4. System Infected with Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Infected with Virus: hello one of my friends system hacked by a virus that locked all his files and folders.the system slowed down and keeps restarting by itself.is there anyway to fix it without having to delete everything?[Original Title: system hacked]...
  5. Completely format bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely format bootable USB flash drive: Hi How to completely format a bootable USB flash drive because I found there's a partition on the flash drive named "UEFI_NTFS" (EFI > Boot & Rufus folders with .efi files inside) that cannot be formatted. My other bootable USB with MBR partition can be fully formatted. I...
  6. USB Flash Drive Virus Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB Flash Drive Virus Infection: A friend of mine downloaded something sketchy off the internet now it's got a virusWhat a surprise. So now it's my job to fix it. My question is that will using a flash drive to format it infect it in the process? I'm planning on going on to the BIOS and booting into my...
  7. Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?: Hi everyone I'm new to the forums *Smile , I'm not knowledgable with computers and the like so please don't mind me asking this question. I soon will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 on one of my computers (and doing a clean installation for the first time...
  8. Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?: Hello everyone, I will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 for the first time on one of my computers. From looking at online tutorials/articles its been said to help eradicate malware and allows a clean copy of windows 10 to be installed. After playing around...
  9. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  10. Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10: How to: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 from This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive that can be used to install Windows 10 with or without UEFI....