Windows 10: can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge?

Discus and support can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i visited a website and got some creepy vibes about me. its a chat bot. so i checked my laptop and found there was a malware. and i deleted it. i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mashimegana, Sep 19, 2020.

1. can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge?

i visited a website and got some creepy vibes about me. its a chat bot.

so i checked my laptop and found there was a malware. and i deleted it. i think it is that chat bot. but im not sure.

will it cause further more problems to my computer ? if it will then how to get rid of it?

i think someone will be kind enough to answer my question. im looking for a favorable reply.

thanks for reading my problem.

:)

mashimegana, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 19, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge?

sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge?

1. can a website download a malware to my computer without my knowledge? - Similar Threads - website download malware

2. The message says my ip address was used without my knowledge to access websites that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The message says my ip address was used without my knowledge to access websites that...: My computer has been locked up. The error message says my.ip address has been used to access a website containing identity theft software....
  3. The message says my ip address was used without my knowledge to access websites that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The message says my ip address was used without my knowledge to access websites that...: My computer has been locked up. The error message says my.ip address has been used to access a website containing identity theft software....
  4. The message says my ip address was used without my knowledge to access websites that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  6. Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge

Microsoft Account Renamed Without My Knowledge: My microsoft account has been renamed and hence renaming all the names into devices I was signed into. When I try changing the password, it said it was sending reequest to microsoft authenticator app but I was not getting it. I changed it with other verification method, but I...
  7. Is it possible for malware to get on my pc without a download?

Is it possible for malware to get on my pc without a download?: Hello, sometimes on sites for mods for my games, I get redirected to sites, I usually close out of these, but just a question, is it possible for malware to get on my pc still? There are no downloads, but I want to be sure....
  8. Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge

Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledge: Bitlocker being enabled without my knowledgeWindows 11 operating system, I have a QNAP storage system, external drive connected to the computer via ISCSIOne day the drive E Drive was unavailable. I'm not sure at what point in time exactly this happened, it may have happened...
  9. Password Changed without My Knowledge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Changed without My Knowledge: What happens when my password changes and I didn't changed??? [Original Title: Password] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/password-changed-without-my-knowledge/96fabf23-385b-49f6-a750-a62955517dda
  10. Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge: I open the windows store and a file immediately began to download. It's labeled as "drm". Anyone familiar with this? 16359