Windows 10: can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

Discus and support can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IrvinKlein, May 25, 2020.

1. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

:)

IrvinKlein, May 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, May 25, 2020
  4. NayAung Win User

Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? - Similar Threads - pro upgrade transferred

2. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring windows 10 to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring windows 10 to another PC: I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow...
  6. windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc: Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one this week. It came with 10 Home and I bought an upgrade and applied it. Now I have the new PC coming this week which will...
  7. How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?

How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?: I have read several posts here about this issue but they don't add up. I bought a windows 10 home notebook and upgraded to pro for $99. I've now decided to return that notebook. I would like to be able to use the upgrade that I've already paid on another future windows 10...
  8. Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC: I have an OEM windows 10 home PC. Purchased an upgrade to windows 10 pro. It failed to load and restored my home version. How to I transfer that Windows 10 pro upgrade to another computer?...
  9. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...
  10. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?: When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to...