Windows 10: Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?

Discus and support Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BowanaNH, Dec 15, 2019.

1. BowanaNH Win User

Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?

:)

BowanaNH, Dec 15, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?

Remote Desktop missing in Allow Apps Through Firewall on Windows 10

Hi Brian,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• How did you enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 Pro? Please share the steps that you've taken.
    • Are there any error messages that appear whenever Windows disables Remote Desktop?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro? - Similar Threads - Home version Remote

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  4. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  5. Remote Desktop connection on windows home??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop connection on windows home??: Hey guys I wanted to know if I could connect to vps from my windows 10 home edition I heard that we can’t use Remote Desktop connection on home edition but when I search Remote Desktop connection on my home edition search bar it pops up Is it only that on home edition, I...
  6. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  7. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  8. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  9. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066