Windows 10: Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

Discus and support Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I apologise if this has been asked before. I currently have 2 PCs: 1 has windows 10 home (personal licence) registered to my microsoft account. 1 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by paulpies84, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

I apologise if this has been asked before.

I currently have 2 PCs:

1 has windows 10 home (personal licence) registered to my microsoft account.
    1 has windows 10 Pro (personal licence) also registered to my microsoft account.

The PC with home installed I am looking at giving to a friend of my daughters.

Will both remain linked to my account and will there be any issues in future if a full re-install is performed?
    Also are there any issues that could arise?

Thanks in advance

Paul

:)

paulpies84, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 19, 2018
  3. W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

I think anybody determined enough to pirate Windows 10 will do so regardless of the measures implemented by Microsoft.

If I buy Windows 10 in a shop I'll get a product key. Why should the upgrade be any different? Perhaps Microsoft could think about connecting the licence to your Microsoft account. That would seem a more practical anti-piracy measure to me...

• Register with Microsoft for free Windows 10 upgrade.
    • Provide evidence that you are a current legit Windows 7/8/8.1 user.
    • Choose a Microsoft account to use with Windows 10.
    • Download Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    • Clean install Windows 10 to computer.
    • Activate via Microsoft account.
    • Repeat steps 5 and 6 when transferring to new computer.

I realise there will be people who prefer not to use a Microsoft account but I'd be more than happy with that arrangement.

wiggly1uk2000, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

checked licences linked to my microsoft account

Is there a way to check what digital licences are linked to my microsoft account.

i found a link on the dutch ms account explaining how to reactivate windows 10 after an hardware change.

the link that explains how to reactivate windows after a hardware change. but it requires that my ms account was linked to my digital licence.

but i cant find:

if i have added my license to my ms account and since the pc i used died i cant check it.

and i cant see my desktop on devices either. i guess its calling the hotline for help then unless someone here has the golden answer

evileentje, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

1. Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred - Similar Threads - licence linked microsoft

2. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  3. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  4. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account": Hi! I want to get a new SSD and was wondering if my edition of windows 11 would transfer to the new SSD if i download windows 11 and log into Microsoft on it. If not i would like to know if there is any way i could transfer my edition of windows 11 to a new SSD....
  6. "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account": Hi! I want to get a new SSD and was wondering if my edition of windows 11 would transfer to the new SSD if i download windows 11 and log into Microsoft on it. If not i would like to know if there is any way i could transfer my edition of windows 11 to a new SSD....
  7. Transfer my windows 10 microsoft linked retail licence to my new PC

Transfer my windows 10 microsoft linked retail licence to my new PC: Hi, so i am building a new computer, and i need to know what exact step will i have to do for transfering my windows to my new computer. I have a retail licence linked to my microsoft account. It is nor ally a windows 8 retail licence but upgraded to windows 10 for free. So,...
  8. Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account

Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account: I bought a new laptop yesterday. The seller installed windows 10 I bought the license in the shop. However, they used my mother's details and created a new microsoft account, while I was out and I didn't know that now windows requires microsoft account during first setup. I...
  9. Licence not linked to Microsoft Account

Licence not linked to Microsoft Account: I got my Mum a new PC to replace her current one as it's been having some hardware issues. I changed her from a local account login to using her outlook.com account and that's fine but it doesn't seem to have linked her licence with her MS account, as when I login with her...
  10. Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence

Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence: Hi I am having trouble to link my Windows 10 licence to my Microsoft account. The licence is activated with a digital licence, but not linked to my Microsoft account it says. To be clear. I have achieved nr 1, but I want nr 2. 1: " Windows is activated with a digital...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can a microsoft account be linked to two pc