Windows 10: Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'?

Discus and support Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently ran into a facebook post of a self proclaimed 'registered partner' of Microsoft who sells OEM license at very cheap prices. When I asked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Debarshi Polley, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'?

I recently ran into a facebook post of a self proclaimed 'registered partner' of Microsoft who sells OEM license at very cheap prices.

When I asked about the authenticity, they said it is 100% legal and it lies to the discretion of the distributor to sell it with a PC or standalone. They tried really hard to convince me but still it looked quite shady and I am sceptical. Can anybody shed some light to this?

:)

Debarshi Polley, Jul 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold: Ballmer

It does say "4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold" not "4 Million Individual Windows 8 Licenses Sold". Just because a company like Dell or HP uses volume licenses instead of single system licenses doesn't mean that it isn't included in that number.

Aquinus, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'?

4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold: Ballmer

I'm pretty sure those numbers does not include sold to OEM's, they don't buy Windows like that. They license.

Frick, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'?

1. Can a Windows OEM license be sold standalone without by a distributor/'registered partner'? - Similar Threads - OEM license sold

2. Computer sold without activating windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sold without activating windows.: I bought a laptop from Walmart but through a third party. The company has a history of selling computers with common issues including sending damaged, incompatible power cords and windows that have not been activated. My computer no longer boots up and I've troubleshooted all...
  3. Computer sold without activating windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sold without activating windows.: I bought a laptop from Walmart but through a third party. The company has a history of selling computers with common issues including sending damaged, incompatible power cords and windows that have not been activated. My computer no longer boots up and I've troubleshooted all...
  4. Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?: I intend on replacing my rig at least every two years. Will I be able to transfer this license indefinitely? When the next Windows comes out, will I be entitled to an upgrade with this license?Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/windows-11-home/dg7gmgf0krt0/000P?rtc=1...
  5. Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?

Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?: I intend on replacing my rig at least every two years. Will I be able to transfer this license indefinitely? When the next Windows comes out, will I be entitled to an upgrade with this license?Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/windows-11-home/dg7gmgf0krt0/000P?rtc=1...
  6. Downgrade Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM purchased from Distributor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM purchased from Distributor: Hi Everyone,I purchased a Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM License from the Local Microsoft Distributor & am in need to Downgrade it to Windows Server Standard 2019I have tried the call center, asking the distributor etc., with no results. can anyone guide me...
  7. Downgrade Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM purchased from Distributor

Downgrade Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM purchased from Distributor: Hi Everyone,I purchased a Windows Server Standard 2022 OEM License from the Local Microsoft Distributor & am in need to Downgrade it to Windows Server Standard 2019I have tried the call center, asking the distributor etc., with no results. can anyone guide me...
  8. Migrating OEM license without installing windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating OEM license without installing windows?: Due to a motherboard change later this week, my Windows OEM license won't work without following the reactivation steps. I was wondering, could I do this "re-activation" process without installing Windows on a throwaway drive? If needed, can I do it after the hardware change?...
  9. Licensing sold by e-bay

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing sold by e-bay: Dear All searching the internet for prices of Windows 10 and Office versions, I saw on e-bay that are sold licenses for whatever version of Windows or Office at a price of 3€ or 12€. Is this legal? Thanks in advance John...
  10. Register for 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference

in Windows 10 News
    Register for 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference: On behalf of the Microsoft US leadership team, I would like to personally invite you to Orlando, Florida this July for the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference. The Worldwide Partner Conference is where opportunity meets profitability in this mobile first, cloud...