Windows 10: Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?

Discus and support Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bertilak, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Bertilak Win User

Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?

I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system?

I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system.

I am not interested in running troubleshooting tools. I want the ability to restore the system to whatever state it eas at when the recovery drive was created.

I have a Win 10/64 Thinkpad system that has been kept up-to-date with all Windows and Lenovo updates.

Thanks fopr any enlightenment on this!

:)

Bertilak, Mar 4, 2020

2. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Failure to restore system using a system restore point

Hi Alpe,

There are several ways to perform a system restore, such as through Control Panel, using a recovery drive, or using an installation media. For us to add clarification, we would like to know the following:

• Why do you need to perform a system restore? Have you encountered any system failures?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when performing a system restore?

In the meantime, you can use this article as your reference in performing a system restore:

Recovery options in Windows 10
    . Click each drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system? - Similar Threads - Recovery drive restore

2. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  3. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  4. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives: Hi, Should Windows System Protection Restore Points be enabled for the "Image" and "DELLSUPPORT" drives that appear under "Available Drives"? I have also created "Program Files" and "ProgramData" folders on my secondary hard drive to install some larger programs on, should I...
  6. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives: Hi, Should Windows System Protection Restore Points be enabled for the "Image" and "DELLSUPPORT" drives that appear under "Available Drives"? I have also created "Program Files" and "ProgramData" folders on my secondary hard drive to install some larger programs on, should I...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. recovery key for system restore

recovery key for system restore: recovery key ID: 6302967C-FEEB-4E50-8E70-00D740F4BB1A drive label: DESKTOP-LSFA8AM WINDOWS 4/6/2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-for-system-restore/83baaa1d-5ea4-4c06-a52a-b76ffa654585
  9. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points and Recovery Drives: When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one? submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen [link] [comments]...
  10. Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?

Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?: I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system....