Windows 10: Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?

Discus and support Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bertilak, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Bertilak Win User

Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?

I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system?

I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system.

I am not interested in running troubleshooting tools. I want the ability to restore the system to whatever state it eas at when the recovery drive was created.

I have a Win 10/64 Thinkpad system that has been kept up-to-date with all Windows and Lenovo updates.

Thanks fopr any enlightenment on this!

:)

Bertilak, Mar 4, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system?

1. Can a Windows Reovery drive restore an entire system? - Similar Threads - Reovery drive restore

2. Bitlocker reovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker reovery key: Bitlocker does not accept my PIN The recovery key _35 digits is displayed on the screen but it does not allow me to enter alphanumeric characters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-reovery-key/b5f0a390-c5c2-4dec-af71-390bc1ebefa0
  3. Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?

Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?: I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system....
  4. Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop: I have a Laptop with a 500gb SSD. The SSD went totally bad, lost everything. So I had a repair shop put in a 1tb and restore Windows 10 for me. But I am one of the original owners of the first IBM PC's so I know my way around a PC and going to do my own backup/restores if...
  5. How to restore entire computer from a system image?

How to restore entire computer from a system image?: Hello, how I can restore my entire computer from my external hard disk system image? I did created a system image (no disc or media) at left side "create a system image" option in Windows 7 backup and restore menu. I have windows 10 1809 professional I also noticed normal...
  6. Unselected drive for System Restore

Unselected drive for System Restore: Hi , I'm having trouble with my audio driver and traced back the problem that came from an update from window trying to update Realtek audio driver I wish to System Restore in order to revert this update and see if my problem is gone But while setting up I noticed only my...
  7. System Protection - Restore "drive"

System Protection - Restore "drive": I was, possibly foolishly, going through the system protection settings today and notice that the Restore drive had protection off. I went into the configure settings and enabled it. Noticing that the drive size was at 5.45 Gig with a max set at 20.1 Gig. After hitting...
  8. can not complete system restore

can not complete system restore: error during directory restoration origin: AppxStaging destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps unspecified error: (0x80070005) I tried several different restore points getting the same error Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]...
  9. Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging

Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging: Backup/Restore Procedures (as done by ) Have been paying closer attention to my external USB HDs, I am much more aware that rather than ATI (Acronis) or Macrium failure -- it has been several times an explorer.exe not communing with respective external HD failure. It...
  10. System restore and secondary drives

System restore and secondary drives: So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do...