Windows 10: Can access bios but can't boot windows

Discus and support Can access bios but can't boot windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer keeps freezing either with the windows logo and 3 dots or the motherboard brand and two to three dots. I have a 1tb HDD that's 4 years old.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gingy Zap, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Gingy Zap Win User

Can access bios but can't boot windows

My computer keeps freezing either with the windows logo and 3 dots or the motherboard brand and two to three dots. I have a 1tb HDD that's 4 years old. An ASRock motherboard, an i-7 6700k, and 16gb of DDR4-2400 memory. The HDD has a copy of windows 10 on it but will not boot. I started with a different motherboard it was an MSI and I had the same problem. I have tried my CPU on another computer and it worked just fine. I have tried my Ram in another computer worked fine. I tried my HDD in another computer worked fine and how I installed windows 10 to it. Both of the motherboards I got were checked on pc part picker as compatible and were ordered from a legit source. Could there be something in the bios of the motherboard that I need to look at? Or did I somehow get two motherboards that both were messed up? I can access bios in both the motherboards, just cannot boot to windows or it will freeze.

:)

Gingy Zap, Jan 9, 2019

2. Can`t access the BIOS on my pc

hi Vanessa Oca,

thanks to answer my question, first of all...

but the problem is since I upgrade my pc to windows 10 I cant get access into the BIOS.

when i was using the windows 7 was able to access if i would press the "del" a few times while the pc was booting up.

But now it doesn`t work, not even f8 that before would let me get into the boot menu....

what should I do?

I already have tried to the option of the troubleshooting "start-up repair" and still did not work.

and again i want to mention that this is not a UEFI bios, is the old type of BIOS.

Fabio_ninja, Jan 9, 2019
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Can access bios but can't boot windows

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Can access bios but can't boot windows

1. Can access bios but can't boot windows - Similar Threads - access bios can't

2. I can't access my Bios, but I can boot up into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my Bios, but I can boot up into Windows: Hi, I am running Windows 10. The issue I am having is when I try to press a key to access my BIOS while my system is booting, it freezes on the screen. I have attempted to go into settings and go to recovery, click restart now, go into Advanced Settings to select UEFI, and...
  3. I can't access my Bios, but I can boot up into Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my Bios, but I can boot up into Windows: Hi, I am running Windows 10. The issue I am having is when I try to press a key to access my BIOS while my system is booting, it freezes on the screen. I have attempted to go into settings and go to recovery, click restart now, go into Advanced Settings to select UEFI, and...
  4. I can't access my Bios, but I can boot up into Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  6. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  7. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS: Basically, after a failed overclock due to my stupidity unstable overclock due to low voltage has led me to an infinite boot loop, when I start my computer up, it freezes on an automatic repair screen, bios is inaccesible during it, even when it doesn't freeze. Also, when...
  9. Can not Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not Access BIOS: I recently tried use BIOS to do some tinkering, but whenever I try to access it, It shows an Administrator password required screen. I went "Oh, okay", and typed in the Admin password for my Admin account, didn't work. I tried past passwords, but it still wouldn't budge. None...
  10. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD: Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running....