Windows 10: Can access game on PC

Discus and support Can access game on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently downloaded Minecraft for my child to play on our home PC (windows 10). However I downloaded using a different MS account than my child is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaveU73, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DaveU73 Win User

Can access game on PC

I recently downloaded Minecraft for my child to play on our home PC (windows 10). However I downloaded using a different MS account than my child is a member of.

When we set up our Xbox several years ago, I created a MS account and set my children up as children under that account. We have purchased games on the Xbox and everyone has been able to share them and things have worked OK.

However, when I recently downloaded Minecraft to the PC, I used my personal MS account and NOT the Adult/Parent account I used for Xbox (that my child is a member of). When my child logs into our PC using their MS account they use for Xbox, they can not see the Minecraft game on the PC - but if I log in using my personal the game is there ready for me to play.

I looked into adding their MS account from the Xbox MS account I created to my personal MS account but apparently they can only be tied to one MS family. I assume moving them from the Xbox MS account would then negate them from sharing the games on Xbox - which I don't want to do.

So I have a couple of questions:

1) is this a Windows 10 issue - meaning is there a setting I need to change on the PC to allow my child to play minecraft on that PC (using their MS account they use for Xbox)

2) Or is this a result of me downloading the game to a MS account that they are not a family member in? If the issue is that I used the wrong MS account is there any way to fix it?

3) If I have to repurchase it, do I download it to the same MS account that they are are family members of and is used for the Xbox or should I just download directly to the child's account?

Whatever I end up needing to do any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DaveU73, Oct 28, 2019

2. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 28, 2019
  3. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 28, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Can access game on PC

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Can access game on PC

1. Can access game on PC - Similar Threads - access game

2. I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...: I downloaded a cracked game and ran a file with administrator on the first few days nothing happened except a pop-up cmd window like this one but not mine.For which I went to that location and clicked on the WindowsService.exe file and clicked on the Deny permission option...
  3. I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...: I downloaded a cracked game and ran a file with administrator on the first few days nothing happened except a pop-up cmd window like this one but not mine.For which I went to that location and clicked on the WindowsService.exe file and clicked on the Deny permission option...
  4. I SUDDENYL DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS, XBOX GAME BAR, NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I SUDDENYL DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS, XBOX GAME BAR, NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL: Recently I started facing this problem where I cant have access to -Microsoft store-MIcrosfot 365-video / image player-Xbox gamebar-Nvidia game barsome unusual things that I have noticed is that, somehow my Geforce Experience was itself uninstalled, I dont know how, and I...
  5. I SUDDENYL DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS, XBOX GAME BAR, NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I SUDDENYL DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS, XBOX GAME BAR, NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL: Recently I started facing this problem where I cant have access to -Microsoft store-MIcrosfot 365-video / image player-Xbox gamebar-Nvidia game barsome unusual things that I have noticed is that, somehow my Geforce Experience was itself uninstalled, I dont know how, and I...
  6. I SUDDENYL DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS, XBOX GAME BAR, NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

7. How to change location windows game bar recordings go after losing access to the hard drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change location windows game bar recordings go after losing access to the hard drive...: One of my hard drives broke and that's where my Captures folder was set to. I've tried moving my 'Video' folder over to the other hard drive but it did not create a 'Captures' folder. Settings -> Gaming -> Captures show my videos being saved to a /local/TEMP folder and the...
  8. How to change location windows game bar recordings go after losing access to the hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change location windows game bar recordings go after losing access to the hard drive...: One of my hard drives broke and that's where my Captures folder was set to. I've tried moving my 'Video' folder over to the other hard drive but it did not create a 'Captures' folder. Settings -> Gaming -> Captures show my videos being saved to a /local/TEMP folder and the...
  9. How to change location windows game bar recordings go after losing access to the hard drive...

10. Constant BSODs preventing access to multiple games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs preventing access to multiple games?: Hey all,To keep it short- just as the question states when attempting to run anything beyond "simple" games like League of Legends, Lethal Company, or World of Warcraft I recieve a BSOD with the watchdog violation error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"I have been down a long,...