Windows 10: can access the internet OK but not network drives

Discus and support can access the internet OK but not network drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can access the internet OK but not network drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dembrey4711, Dec 10, 2018.

1. can access the internet OK but not network drives

can access the internet OK but not network drives

:)

Dembrey4711, Dec 10, 2018
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Dec 10, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. can access the internet OK but not network drives

Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

can access the internet OK but not network drives

1. can access the internet OK but not network drives - Similar Threads - access internet network

2. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  3. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  4. network internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  5. Can not access Network Drive private folder.

Can not access Network Drive private folder.: Hello, I have just built a new desktop PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate 3TByte NAS on my network which has just one account on it. Whilst I can access the public folder from my new PC, I can't access the private one. I enter the user name and...
  6. Unidentified network, No internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified network, No internet access: hello, does anyone know a solution to this problem? ive tried restarting the pc, restarting the router, network reset and network troubleshoot. none of these worked. (excuse the crappiness of this post, im bad at writing stuff like this) submitted by /u/officer_tem [link]...
  7. Access to internet, but no network icons

Access to internet, but no network icons: A couple of days ago, I had to get a new tv box because ours was just old and needed to be replaced. (We have our tv and wifi combined). Before the person came and fixed/replaced the box everything was fine with the internet but now I am getting high ping on online gaming...
  8. Unidentified Network/No internet access

Unidentified Network/No internet access: Hi all, Today has been rough for me since about 10am this morning. I have a PC that I built about 10 years ago that qualified for upgrade to Windows 10 about 5 months ago and until this time, I've had internet access on my PC. I've had some blue screens that occurred a few...
  9. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can access internet on the network but not the network drives