Windows 10: can activate windows defender

Discus and support can activate windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting an administrator error when trying to activate windows defender I have administrative privileges'. what do i do? * Moved from Win... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnMarkiewicz2, Feb 3, 2021.

1. can activate windows defender

I am getting an administrator error when trying to activate windows defender

I have administrative privileges'. what do i do?

* Moved from Win 10?Security

:)

JohnMarkiewicz2, Feb 3, 2021

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Feb 3, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

can activate windows defender

problem in activating windows defender.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Run the McAfee Removal Tool again and reboot the computer…

If that doesn’t fix it see the following:

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

Le Boule, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

can activate windows defender

1. can activate windows defender - Similar Threads - activate defender

2. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  3. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  4. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...
  5. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...
  6. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  8. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  9. I can't activate my windows defender

I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...
  10. I can't activate my windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...