Windows 10: Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

Discus and support Can Active Directory do what I want it to do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am an IT technician and I am trying to gather some information on whether Active Directory works for my situation. I have about 50 potential users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan_Mosley2, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

I am an IT technician and I am trying to gather some information on whether Active Directory works for my situation. I have about 50 potential users that are on our network. I am wanting to have a directory service that allows for a user to log on to any computer and have their account accessible with all their permissions, programs, etc regardless of computer on the network. I want it to also be able to use 2FA/MFA for more secure access to accounts. I have also seen where some systems can create custom images of Windows to supply their users with so that it has only the required software

:)

Ryan_Mosley2, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

1. Can Active Directory do what I want it to do? - Similar Threads - Active Directory

2. Esplora risorse non aggiorna le visualizzazioni in modalità offline con Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esplora risorse non aggiorna le visualizzazioni in modalità offline con Active Directory: Buongiorno,Sto riscontrando un problema con Esplora risorse su diversi PC che fanno parte di una rete Active Directory. Quando i PC sono connessi alla rete aziendale, non abbiamo problemi, ma quando lavoriamo in modalità offline o fuori dalla rete, Esplora risorse non sembra...
  3. Esplora risorse non aggiorna le visualizzazioni in modalità offline con Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Esplora risorse non aggiorna le visualizzazioni in modalità offline con Active Directory: Buongiorno,Sto riscontrando un problema con Esplora risorse su diversi PC che fanno parte di una rete Active Directory. Quando i PC sono connessi alla rete aziendale, non abbiamo problemi, ma quando lavoriamo in modalità offline o fuori dalla rete, Esplora risorse non sembra...
  4. policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...

policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...: How to make a policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after 4 hours of not working or non-activates on the PC?...
  5. policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...: How to make a policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after 4 hours of not working or non-activates on the PC?...
  6. policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  8. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  9. I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...: I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like modified date or attribute type change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-used-active-directory-server-2019-but-how/2a28366f-a30f-4215-b6fa-b41735f23bfe
  10. I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...

I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...: I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like modified date or attribute type change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-used-active-directory-server-2019-but-how/2a28366f-a30f-4215-b6fa-b41735f23bfe