Windows 10: Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

Discus and support Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfino Rahel, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that when I set account in Mail, it is automatically set in calendar too.

:)

Alfino Rahel, Oct 12, 2021
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. meebers Win User
    Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too. [​IMG]

meebers, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

All,
    My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning.
    It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless.

Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too. [​IMG]

I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a FULL reset of the computer.
    Is there any problems with the way Gmail has been set up today?
    I am running Windows 10 1903 x64 on a Lenovo 330-15ikb.
    Thanks

tornadosurvivor, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

1. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too. - Similar Threads - add internet email

2. Display settings freeze and crash + cannot add account for mail & calendar since it crashes too

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings freeze and crash + cannot add account for mail & calendar since it crashes too: Hi. I'd really love some help with this issue. When I go into display settings, it freezes and eventually crashes completely. The same happens when I try to add an account for mail and calendar, it freezes and crashes. Both of these only started happening after resetting my...
  3. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  4. Can not add email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not add email account: Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I...
  5. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  6. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  7. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts

Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 (home) for a while and I know my way around generally. Today, I'm having a weird issue with Mail and Calendar apps as both started to crash without any apparent reason. I tried to remove them (using powershell) and reinstalled from Store...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....