Windows 10: Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?

Discus and support Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am going to purchase a non-wifi printer for home usage purposes. However, may somebody please confirm if share this printer feature is applicable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sarthak G, May 28, 2023.

1. Sarthak G Win User

Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?

I am going to purchase a non-wifi printer for home usage purposes. However, may somebody please confirm if share this printer feature is applicable throughout all the usb printers specifically asking for HP Smart tank 500 series non wifi, so that after connecting to one pc, I am able to print using it on other pc's connected on the same network.

:)

Sarthak G, May 28, 2023

2. Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer

Hi,

I have just installed windows 11 after some intrepidation i am delighted with windows 11. So far all is working perfectly. Except one issue. we have a shared network printer connected to another PC. when i go to "Add a device" selecting add manually add a network discoverable printer. The printer shows up in the list. Select the printer then next a get "Windows dosen't have a network profile for this device" i have the latest updates and the network profile i have tried private and public, same result.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mark

MarkBarber1, May 28, 2023
  3. RWOne Win User
    Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Start with basics, on your system re-share it out to everyone, no password, etc.

On an aside, printer sharing is not modern networking (by a longshot).

if you had a network capable printer, you install the SW on both machines, and both have access, no need for the computer it is attached to to be on for the other to have access, and less headaches than sharing.

Review and follow these steps:

How To Share A USB Printer Over Your Network In Windows 10

RWOne, May 28, 2023
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

1. Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11? - Similar Threads - usb printers shared

2. Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?: I am going to purchase a non-wifi printer for home usage purposes. However, may somebody please confirm if share this printer feature is applicable throughout all the usb printers specifically asking for HP Smart tank 500 series non wifi, so that after connecting to one pc, I...
  3. Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?: I am going to purchase a non-wifi printer for home usage purposes. However, may somebody please confirm if share this printer feature is applicable throughout all the usb printers specifically asking for HP Smart tank 500 series non wifi, so that after connecting to one pc, I...
  4. Can all usb printers be shared on network in windows 10 and 11?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. printer on shared network

printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  6. Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer: Hi,I have just installed windows 11 after some intrepidation i am delighted with windows 11. So far all is working perfectly. Except one issue. we have a shared network printer connected to another PC. when i go to "Add a device" selecting add manually add a network...
  7. Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer

Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer: Hi,I have just installed windows 11 after some intrepidation i am delighted with windows 11. So far all is working perfectly. Except one issue. we have a shared network printer connected to another PC. when i go to "Add a device" selecting add manually add a network...
  8. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  9. Network shared printers.

Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...