Windows 10: Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

Discus and support Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft for my Xbox One, which is the cross platform version. I'm wanting to buy the game for my Windows 10 laptop as well. The main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JArthurs, Aug 11, 2019.

1. JArthurs Win User

Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

I purchased Minecraft for my Xbox One, which is the cross platform version. I'm wanting to buy the game for my Windows 10 laptop as well. The main reason that I'm wanting to do this is because I'm wanting to play with my son. I have a big enough credit my MS Account, but I need to know whether the same account with both the Win10 and Xbox One version of the application can play together in the same world?

:)

JArthurs, Aug 11, 2019

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Version stuck in trial mode

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It looks like your Minecraft game that is stuck on trial mode, has something to do with your Xbox account, so please try the below steps and check if you are able to play the full version of Minecraft.

Launch the Xbox app > Sign-in to the Xbox application
    using your Microsoft Account (Account which you used to purchase Minecraft) > Browse the games to find Minecraft and click on the Play button to the play the Minecraft game and check if it is still showing the trail version.

If you are still seeing the trail version, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10 and reinstall
    Minecraft.

If you are still facing the same issue, then we recommend that you get in touch with our
    Xbox Support Team. You may contact them via chat support or schedule a callback at your preferred date
    and time.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Minecraft

Hi Reinis,

There are several editions of Minecraft. Each edition works best on the platform it was intended to.
    Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Windows 10 editions were created for Windows 10 devices. There's a different version available for an Xbox One platform. To answer your question, since the version you have is for Windows 10,
    you'll need to purchase the game's Xbox One version. You may purchase Minecraft: Xbox One version on this

link

Our Xbox developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Xbox gaming experience. Recently, we've created the
    Xbox Play Anywhere feature. This allows Windows 10 games to be played on Xbox One and vice versa. Based on the list, Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game. You may refer to this
    link
    for additional details regarding the XPA games. Since Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game, we recommend submitting a post to the
    Xbox UserVoice
    page and request this game to be included as an Xbox Play Anywhere.

We hope we're able to answer your query.

If there's anything else you want to clarify, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Aug 11, 2019
  4. Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

Minecraft 10 Wont Download Full Version

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern, we would like to know if you're trying to access the free trial version of Minecraft on Xbox app. If so, have you tried signing out and signing in your account on Xbox app?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Xbox app to update it. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  
    • Open the game on the Xbox App.  

Once done, let's check if you can now download the Minecraft full version on Xbox app.

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

1. Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together? - Similar Threads - account has both

2. Can I play my Xbox Minecraft on my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play my Xbox Minecraft on my Windows 10 PC?: I purchased the cross platform Minecraft for my Xbox One and am able to play it on my Xbox One. I was wondering if I could play on my Windows 10 laptop as well. I'm signing into my laptop with the same account that I use on my Xbox One. When I launch Minecraft on my...
  3. Unable to log into microsoft account on my minecraft windows10-xbox one edition.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to log into microsoft account on my minecraft windows10-xbox one edition.: Hi all, im currently trying to play on my friends realm on xbox one using my PC, now when i go to the xbox companion and press play on the realm it open up the xbox one version of minecraft, however it says i need to log in, but when i press sign in it always just takes me to...
  4. how can I play multiplayer in minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I play multiplayer in minecraft: plssss tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-play-multiplayer-in-minecraft/18132852-9b3f-4c21-b533-95a33e178285
  5. Minecraft better together bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft better together bug: I am trying to play with my friends but they do not show up in my friends tab on Minecraft. They can't accept my invites. This even when they try it themselves. I also can't receive invites from some of them. What do I do to fix this?...
  6. Play Spacelords for Free on Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Play Spacelords for Free on Xbox One: JLO9aoGjqDw I will start with a bold statement: today is an historic day in the videogames industry. It might not be perceived as such by many, of course, and even those who would acknowledge the fact as true would not be rushing to include it in the headlines, but the...
  7. Unlock full win10 version minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock full win10 version minecraft: I had a free Minecraft win10 version in my computer and I wanted to unlock the full version. But the question came from here, when I clicked the button Unlock Full Version, it asked me to enter a code as the format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx should I buy the Minecraft gift...
  8. Playing Xbox one online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Xbox one online?: I’ve had an Xbox for a while now. I’ve never had any live or gold membership or whatever they are called. But I am pondering exploring being able to play online. But there are several different things and it’s a tad confusing. I just want to play online should I decide to...
  9. Can i play Xbox one labeled games on windows store without xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i play Xbox one labeled games on windows store without xbox?: So all awesome games of windows store have xbox one requirement, can i play it without xbox? 53874
  10. Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together: Hi there Seems fairly obvious to me that there are people out there who want the desktop while others like the idea of what metro can theoretically bring to the table -- although I think most would like these apps to be available in re-sizeable windows too rather than in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buying minecraft on xbox by accident not being able to have it for windows