Windows 10: Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

Discus and support Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft for my Xbox One, which is the cross platform version. I'm wanting to buy the game for my Windows 10 laptop as well. The main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JArthurs, Aug 11, 2019.

1. JArthurs Win User

Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

I purchased Minecraft for my Xbox One, which is the cross platform version. I'm wanting to buy the game for my Windows 10 laptop as well. The main reason that I'm wanting to do this is because I'm wanting to play with my son. I have a big enough credit my MS Account, but I need to know whether the same account with both the Win10 and Xbox One version of the application can play together in the same world?

:)

JArthurs, Aug 11, 2019

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Version stuck in trial mode

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It looks like your Minecraft game that is stuck on trial mode, has something to do with your Xbox account, so please try the below steps and check if you are able to play the full version of Minecraft.

Launch the Xbox app > Sign-in to the Xbox application
    using your Microsoft Account (Account which you used to purchase Minecraft) > Browse the games to find Minecraft and click on the Play button to the play the Minecraft game and check if it is still showing the trail version.

If you are still seeing the trail version, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10 and reinstall
    Minecraft.

If you are still facing the same issue, then we recommend that you get in touch with our
    Xbox Support Team. You may contact them via chat support or schedule a callback at your preferred date
    and time.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Minecraft

Hi Reinis,

There are several editions of Minecraft. Each edition works best on the platform it was intended to.
    Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Windows 10 editions were created for Windows 10 devices. There's a different version available for an Xbox One platform. To answer your question, since the version you have is for Windows 10,
    you'll need to purchase the game's Xbox One version. You may purchase Minecraft: Xbox One version on this

link

Our Xbox developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Xbox gaming experience. Recently, we've created the
    Xbox Play Anywhere feature. This allows Windows 10 games to be played on Xbox One and vice versa. Based on the list, Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game. You may refer to this
    link
    for additional details regarding the XPA games. Since Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game, we recommend submitting a post to the
    Xbox UserVoice
    page and request this game to be included as an Xbox Play Anywhere.

We hope we're able to answer your query.

If there's anything else you want to clarify, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Aug 11, 2019
  4. Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

Minecraft 10 Wont Download Full Version

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern, we would like to know if you're trying to access the free trial version of Minecraft on Xbox app. If so, have you tried signing out and signing in your account on Xbox app?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Xbox app to update it. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  
    • Open the game on the Xbox App.  

Once done, let's check if you can now download the Minecraft full version on Xbox app.

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together?

1. Can an account that has both Win10 and Xbox One version of Minecraft play together? - Similar Threads - account has both

2. Playing Minecraft on one licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Minecraft on one licence: Can two of my children on two PC's, play the Minecraft , with only one Minecraft license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-minecraft-on-one-licence/58b9a32d-95c0-43d5-9d35-f16fe2d498df
  3. Playing Minecraft on one licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing Minecraft on one licence: Can two of my children on two PC's, play the Minecraft , with only one Minecraft license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-minecraft-on-one-licence/58b9a32d-95c0-43d5-9d35-f16fe2d498df
  4. Playing Minecraft on PC with son on XBOX ONE on same Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Playing Minecraft on PC with son on XBOX ONE on same Microsoft Account: My son has Minecraft on his XBOX One, the Bedrock version I believe which allows cross platform. He is signed into my Microsoft account on his XBOX ONE.I wanted to get the PC version to play with him online. I know I have to buy the PC version to play with him.My question is,...
  5. Change Xbox account in minecraft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Xbox account in minecraft: Help, I want to change my Xbox account. I already log out and sign in back, but still at same account. How do i do it? I also cant uninstall it. Help please. Now my sister cant play in her account....
  6. Xbox One Controller on Win10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller on Win10.: Hello! I recently bought an Xbox one controller to play old PC games as I used to back in the days. It seems like the controller works fine on just Win10 Havent checked newer games as of now but it doesnt seem to work while I launch the old games, it doesnt recognize the...
  7. Using a Xbox One bluetooth enabled controller with both Xbox One and PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Xbox One bluetooth enabled controller with both Xbox One and PC: I would like to use my Bluetooth enabled controller with both my PC and my Xbox One. The Xbox reconnects to the controller just fine when it has been connected to my PC, but the other way around is proving difficult. When I want to reconnect my controller to my PC, I have...
  8. Unable to play Minecraft on both Xbox or iOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play Minecraft on both Xbox or iOS: Hello, My daughter's account can no longer access Minecraft on the Xbox, Windows 10, or iOS. I own both versions on the primary account. Minecraft will work for other profiles on the Xbox but not hers. When she tries to launch minecraft on Xbox or iOS both versions will...
  9. Xbox one and PC Minecraft cross play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox one and PC Minecraft cross play: Trying to play Minecraft with my daughter and unable to get cross play to work in either direction. I cant connect to her world and she can't connect to mine. I purchased a separate copy of the game for her account. I have rebooted everything multiple times. Nat type on the...
  10. Minecraft better together bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft better together bug: I am trying to play with my friends but they do not show up in my friends tab on Minecraft. They can't accept my invites. This even when they try it themselves. I also can't receive invites from some of them. What do I do to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i play xbox minecraft on a laptop

2. minecraft xbox and windows 10 same account

3. play minecraft on both xbox one and windows 10

4. buying minecraft on xbox by accident not being able to have it for windows