Windows 10: Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time?

Discus and support Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to sell this desktop pc. Thanks to some of you (you know who you are) *Wink I was able to clean install Windows on this pc. It's ready for a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drpeppercan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time?

I need to sell this desktop pc.
    Thanks to some of you (you know who you are) *Wink I was able to clean install Windows on this pc. It's ready for a new owner to take it.
    But I was wondering, should he/she decide to go with another language other than English, would that work?
    Or a new installation would be needed?

Thanks guys

DPC

:)

drpeppercan, Jan 19, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time?

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time?

1. Can any language be chosen when setting up Windows for 1st time? - Similar Threads - language chosen setting

2. How can I change date/time settings and keyboard language WITHOUT changing language of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change date/time settings and keyboard language WITHOUT changing language of...: Right, I'm using Windows in English. Have been my whole life.Yet, I can't figure out how to have time/date and default keyboard layout in Estonian without default apps also changing language.How to do it?...
  3. How can I change date/time settings and keyboard language WITHOUT changing language of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change date/time settings and keyboard language WITHOUT changing language of...: Right, I'm using Windows in English. Have been my whole life.Yet, I can't figure out how to have time/date and default keyboard layout in Estonian without default apps also changing language.How to do it?...
  4. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language: Hello,I'm having troubles with writing in Japanese in Windows 10 - I've installed the language package 2 years ago and everything was working fine until today. When I wanted to write in Japanese, instead of typing out syllables like usual, it came out as completely wrong...
  5. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language: Hello,I'm having troubles with writing in Japanese in Windows 10 - I've installed the language package 2 years ago and everything was working fine until today. When I wanted to write in Japanese, instead of typing out syllables like usual, it came out as completely wrong...
  6. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Setting up my 1st NAS system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up my 1st NAS system.: This NAS will be a RAID 5, RAID 6 looks like over kill for what I need. The one question I have is the size needed for the individual HDDs. My present packrat collection of internals totals 10 TB across 8 drives, and there are 4 more in storage from the Stone Age. it is all...
  8. Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings: Hello all I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language" [img] however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language. English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display...
  9. set a chosen font

set a chosen font: I choose a font & change its size only to have it return to original font. How do I set the font I prefer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-a-chosen-font/d5e46c1d-d3c1-4425-b200-4e38cbf393fc
  10. I can't set any language as default language

I can't set any language as default language: My windows 10 PC currently has French as its Default Language. I can't set any other languages as default. I uninstalled the French language, on my PC, and downloaded English (united-states). Normally, it is supposed to show "set as default" but it doesn't. All it says is...