Windows 10: Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

Discus and support Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am paying the penalty for configuring a laptops setup at 03.00... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DanteMach, May 14, 2023.

1. DanteMach Win User

Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

I am paying the penalty for configuring a laptops setup at 03.00

:)

DanteMach, May 14, 2023

2. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Hi Linda,

Issue reported: You are required to sign-in to your Windows 10 PC provided the main account is locked out due to forgotten Password/Pin.

Scope: Although! there is no way to hack into an admin account, which is locked out by a Password or a Pin. However, you must have a Microsoft account associated with a machine. If you do, we can try performing below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

The first thing we should check before performing troubleshooting steps, as how many users are assigned to that machine, if you have another user account which can be used to perform command prompt tasks, try to log-in using that user account or if no choice, use a guest account.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Try to log-in using another admin account or use a guest user account.
    • Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and perform a right click on it and then left click on ‘run as administrator’.
    • It may ask you to sign-in using your Microsoft account (your email address and a password associated with your Microsoft account).
    • Once the ‘cmd’ box is opened then type “net user administrator /active:yes” then hit ‘enter’.
    • Restart your machine
    • Login using ‘Administrator’ account in Windows 10. It takes no password, would let you in, without a password.
    • Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and then click on User Accounts.
    • Right click on the User Account in question, which is locked out and then click on ‘remove password’.
    • If the remove password option doesn’t work, try to upload a similar image/picture in reference to that user account.
    • If you successfully remove a password associated with that User Account, then sign-off.
    • Restart your machine and try to login using the same User Account in question.
    NOTE: The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are suggested as a general suggestion, not a solution. Whether you are able to recover your account then, your problem is solved. If you would not be able to recover the locked account, then you may have to reinstate Windows 10 in your machine using your Microsoft Account.

Should you have any question or a doubt performing above mentioned troubleshooting steps, you may respond to this threat or post a counter question.

Regards,

Chetan Kochhar, May 14, 2023
  3. CRL1954 Win User
    Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, May 14, 2023
  4. Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

1. Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ? - Similar Threads - help simpleton has

2. Recovering outlook account for 10year old who has forgotten password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recovering outlook account for 10year old who has forgotten password.: My daughters outlook account is locked and we are unable to reset the password. I have sent multiple forms with the same response "not enough information". This account was hardly used and she didn't send or receive emails. It was purely for setting up her Apple ID on her...
  3. Recovering outlook account for 10year old who has forgotten password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering outlook account for 10year old who has forgotten password.: My daughters outlook account is locked and we are unable to reset the password. I have sent multiple forms with the same response "not enough information". This account was hardly used and she didn't send or receive emails. It was purely for setting up her Apple ID on her...
  4. Recovering outlook account for 10year old who has forgotten password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?: I am paying the penalty for configuring a laptops setup at 03.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-any-one-help-this-simpleton-who-has-forgotten/edc84cf9-7874-403d-80cd-8ef2213b2726
  6. Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?

Can any one help this simpleton who has forgotten his login password ?: I am paying the penalty for configuring a laptops setup at 03.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-any-one-help-this-simpleton-who-has-forgotten/edc84cf9-7874-403d-80cd-8ef2213b2726
  7. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  8. Login Issue with password forgotten

Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  9. Need help for a friend who can no longer access his documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help for a friend who can no longer access his documents: I have been trying for about a week or so to help a friend with his computer. It's a fairly old computer about 8 years old and it has been having issues recently. The files like the files in the Documents folder for instance were not able to viewed in Windows Explorer when...
  10. forgotten login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...