Windows 10: Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format

Discus and support Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have noticed some time ago...when i download a movie ( legally i might add )...and check the format..it is a VID file..and cannot find any video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by treblefree, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format

I have noticed some time ago...when i download a movie ( legally i might add )...and check the format..it is a VID file..and cannot find any video converter that supports this format...and where did it come from ?...and why use it ?

Also, i cannot find a suitable player to play this format as some of them during playing the file the player freezes.....

Any suggestions anyone ?

Thank you

My OS is Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.

:)

treblefree, Apr 5, 2020

2. A Good program to convert files with

My mom wants to convert a bunch of her Karaoke DVDs to MP3 format. Normally this isn't a problem (I'm using 'Any Video Converter') since the the segments are dividing into a bunch of .vob format files but this DVD has the music on the 2nd audiotrack instead of the 1st audiotrack so when I convert them the audio is all wrong because its using the 1st audiotrack.

Can anybody recommend a good program to use that gives a better control over file format conversion?

Semi-Lobster, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format

audio format converter

can you recommend me a good audio format converter? I am looking for a program to convert my mp3 files to m4r so they can be used as ringtones on my iphone.

ucanmandaa, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format

1. Can any program convert VID file to diffrent format - Similar Threads - program convert VID

2. Convert VOB files to Windows Movie Maker format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert VOB files to Windows Movie Maker format: I have VOB video files I wish to convert to movie maker format. Is there a free video convertor available and which format is best; WMV,AVI or MPG?...
  3. Calibre converting formats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calibre converting formats: I was forced to load Calibre to this pc (W10). My W7 pc went on a recovery program (waiting on a case fan).. I have used Calibre to convert books for years, but when I installed it today for the life of me, I can not remember how to convert epub to mobi. I need to do this for...
  4. Calibre converting formats

in Windows 10 Support
    Calibre converting formats: I was forced to load Calibre to this pc (W10). My W7 pc went on a recovery program (waiting on a case fan).. I have used Calibre to convert books for years, but when I installed it today for the life of me, I can not remember how to convert epub to mobi. I need to do this for...
  5. Any program to convert sub./idx subtitles to srt

Any program to convert sub./idx subtitles to srt: Hi folks I use subtitle translation a reasonable amout -- translating srt (text files) to another language. However some cases I can only get the sub/idx combo format of subtitles from say DVD's etc. Is there any way to convert these to .srt format -- I don't care if it's...
  6. Basic Video File Format Converter Software

Basic Video File Format Converter Software: I am looking for software (paid for is ok) that does not need an annual subcription which is basic that will allow me to convert between popular video file format types. Such as AVI, MP4, MPEG, WMV, MOV Not looking for software that is elaborate and does more than this basic...
  7. Audio File Format Converter Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio File Format Converter Program: Any suggestion for audio converter software to convert wide range of audio files. Ok; if I have to pay for a program but not one which involves an ongoing subscription bill. So one off purchase for software and key that can convert apple m4a, m4p, m4b formats to mp3, wav file...
  8. How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???: I just downloaded a bunch of files that I wanted to print, buy they are in .csv file format. WTH? How do I convert this file format into a .pdf file format without having to pay for it. Ridiculous! Can anyone help me with this frustration please???...
  9. convert a .txt file to avery lables format

convert a .txt file to avery lables format: Awful experience trying to print labels from excel. Converted file to txt and cannot find a way to print the simple names and addresses from my file...
  10. Any free BMP to PDF converters that can do a 800mb file?

Any free BMP to PDF converters that can do a 800mb file?: I need to convert a few BMP files to PDF and am having a hard time finding any that will convert larger file sizes. Seems 200mb is about the largest free ones i could find. I have a few files in the 800mb range and it seems a shame to have to buy some software just for a few...